Cura 2.7 | Beta

SandervG

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Just to add to that, Has the annoying problem of projects importing and creating additional machines been taken care of?

AFAIK this was fixed for the final Cura 2.7 by @Nallath. It should be out "real soon now" .

• Replies 126
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Just to add to that, Has the annoying problem of projects importing and creating additional machines been taken care of?

AFAIK this was fixed for the final Cura 2.7 by @Nallath. It should be out "real soon now" .

I can wait. I know that nallath followed a thread and was active in the way it got dissected online. I was just curious as I had the issue crop today with something I was working. It rattled around the void of me noggin and then came out here.

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Okay, Just I like  to have this data in my gcode file. Is there another way?

Well, you could try prepending each line with a harmless gcode command, such as G21 (which sets the units to MM, which they should already be).

I added M117  before and removed the ; so the printer is flashig all the settings :)

Edited by Guest

I rediscovered that Cura does not support sequential printing for objects taller than 2", no matter what printer you are using. Somehow all the other popular slicers support this feature, but Ultimaker won't. Apparently this is because Ultimaker thinks that their users are too stupid to lay out objects so the gantry never crosses over a previously-printed piece.

Seriously, why disable the feature, rather than just placing objects on a diagonal line ending at the Home position, so the gantry never crosses a previous-printed part? Even the secret override that used to work has been disabled, which is just stupid. You could just give users a warning and tell them how to make it work, or maybe even lay out the pieces in a diagonal line toward Home if one-at-a-time is set On.

Disallowing sequential printing most of the time is a really dumb decision, as it is necessary for production efficiency. It's a real shame Cura won't support this feature like Slic3r, Kisslicer, and Simplify3D, as the lack wastes a huge amount of user time printing objects separately, and reduces the quality of the pieces printed.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Please.

Make something with "Center camera when item is selected"

Very very important for me and maybe for others too.

Before i start a 2 day print, is mandatory to preview the model.

• Like 1

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

I rediscovered that Cura does not support sequential printing for objects taller than 2", no matter what printer you are using.

You can go into Machine Settings and set the "Gantry height" to something sufficiently high (ie: higher than the buildvolume height). This will allow you to print One at a Time with higher model, with all the risks that come with it.

Seriously, why disable the feature, rather than just placing objects on a diagonal line ending at the Home position, so the gantry never crosses a previous-printed part?

Unfortunately it is quite a bit more complicated than that. For one, Cura does not know the home position of the printer, so that's a problem. But consider for example multi-extrusion printers that need to go to a specific xy position to switch extruders, such as the UM3 or the magentic toolchanger of the UM2 mark 2. Or even things like the prime tower. Even with single extrusion I can think of a couple of scenarios that could cause collisions, such as a postprocessing script that is used to change filament, and which moves the head to a certain position.

It is not an unsolvable problem, but it is not trivial either.

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Hello,

Could you help me to show the printing temperature and the standby temperature because I can not do it on my PC windows 10 in 64 bit.

It's work very well on cura 2.6.2.

5a333ed306cf1_cura2.7parameter.thumb.png.d6c23e5ae5a68672ebaff40247cfce43.png

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta
    @6Maker, please go to Machine Settings, and check that you have not set your gcode flavor to "Ultimaker 2".

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Ahoeben,

I can see now all the parameters with the marlin flavor gcode selection.

Thanks you for your help.

5a333ed4e3a11_cura2.7allparameter.thumb.png.88f9e2ff3aa72b4b7f33c7db785d21f5.png

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Instead, an option to possibly "Ignore" printer settings in the project file, and just load object placement and other non printer specific settings?

If you open a project file, you should get a question if you want to open it as a project, or if you want to import the models. If you don't, please check the "Opening and savinf files" section in the General settings.

The only problem with importing the models instead of opening as a project, it doesn't retain the object placements.

I arranged my models to sit on top others (had to disable the auto drop to build plate). When I open a project as a project, it loads all models as they were (stacked up), when I import just the models from the project, it doesn't retain the object placements.

Instead, an option to possibly "Ignore" printer settings in the project file, and just load object placement and other non printer specific settings?

If you open a project file, you should get a question if you want to open it as a project, or if you want to import the models. If you don't, please check the "Opening and savinf files" section in the General settings.

The only problem with importing the models instead of opening as a project, it doesn't retain the object placements.

I arranged my models to sit on top others (had to disable the auto drop to build plate). When I open a project as a project, it loads all models as they were (stacked up), when I import just the models from the project, it doesn't retain the object placements.

It has for me on 2.6.2...has it been broken in 2.7?

Edited by Guest

You can go into Machine Settings and set the "Gantry height" to something sufficiently high (ie: higher than the buildvolume height).

Nope, I tried setting it to 9999 - IT DOES NOT WORK, even though the build-height shown in the display (after it lowers the height to kill sequential printing) appears 2-3 times taller than the pieces. I also tried setting the build volume height to 9999, and both gantry height and build-volume height to 9999 and those variations do not work either.

All that shows when One-at-a-time is selected is "Ready to Slice" and no way to make it happen.

Cura has regressed on this - the function was plainly never tested any time in the last few months.

What annoys me is that if this is deliberate, it would imply that Ultimaker thinks that I am too stupid to arrange pieces manually to accomplish something that is both easy and necessary for productivity and print quality.

Edited by Guest

Nope, I tried setting it to 9999 - IT DOES NOT WORK, even though the build-height shown in the display (...) appears 2-3 times taller than the pieces.

Have you reported this before (mentioning that gantry height does not seem to work)?

You seem to have uncovered a bug that I at least was unaware of. I will see if it can still be fixed for 2.7, but I am afraid it will have to wait until Cura 2.7.1 (if there will be such a thing) or Cura 2.8.

In the mean time, here are a couple of workarounds:

* After setting the gantry height to 9999 (or similar), restart Cura, or:

* After setting the gantry height to 9999 (or similar), activate any other printer and activate the original printer again.

If you want to apply the fix yourself, open C:\Program Files\Cura 2.6\plugins\MachineSettingsAction\MachineSettingsAction.qml, and add the following line at line 231 (after the line that says "id: gantryHeightField":

property bool forceUpdateOnChange: true

What I resent is the implication that Ultimaker thinks that I am too stupid (...)

I don't have any reason to think you are stupid. A little rude and impatient yes, but not stupid.

Update: Here's the fix: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pull/2329

Fingers crossed that it can still be incorporated into Cura 2.7

Edited by Guest
    • Like 3

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Please.

Make something with "Center camera when item is selected"

Very very important for me and maybe for others too.

Before i start a 2 day print, is mandatory to preview the model.

You can. Under settings there a tick box to enable this along with other viewing options

Aldo's fix was incorporated into the 2.7. It's such a simple fix that i feel pretty safe about it.

As for  "Cura wants the D" 2.0 issue, it seems like a build system issue. Should be fixable for the release (keeping fingers crossed here)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Thanks for trying, Aldo, but wrong bug.

I had previously exited and restarted Cura 2.7 on Mac, and neither gantry-height nor build-height change, made any difference in the inability to print One-at-a-time. I tried it again to verify this. No luck.

So I looked at the Cura 2.7 package contents on my Mac, located the file you describe and inserted the line. Restarted Cura. Same result - displays Ready to Slice, and nothing happens.

So I think you spotted a related bug, bot not one that fixes the issue.

This is particularly frustrating for me because the pieces I print for money are 50mm tall, and my actual gantry height is about 55mm.

Weird, I cannot reproduce this.

Can you zip up your configuration folder and post it somewhere where I can download it and have a look at your profiles and settings?

Have you made any manual changes to definition files I should be aware of?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Happy to send them - where do I find them on a Mac?

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Happy to send them - where do I find them on a Mac?

Help -> Show configuration folder.

That whole folder please...

It has for me on 2.6.2...has it been broken in 2.7?

I don't know if its broke or not, but it doesn't work for me in 2.7 Beta or in 2.6.2

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

As for the whole custom machine thing; Yes, this isn't tested very well. As you might imagine, we have limited resources to test things and a lot of things to test. So things that are required for Ultimaker printers get a preferred treatment. This is also why we have beta versions; So issues that don't get this treatment can still be found and fixed.

So tldr; If you want a better experience, buy a machine from a company that supports Cura development (eg; Ultimaker & Lulzbot)

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

If you want a better experience, buy a machine from a company that supports Cura development (eg; Ultimaker & Lulzbot)

And run the beta versions and report issues! Don't think someone else will report the issue and it will get fixed, because chances are it won't if you don't.

Guys, do you have any idea when app. 2.7 will be released or if there is something like a "nighly 2.7 beta2"?

b.t.w. @nallath, hope that your vacation was relaxing and fun... :-)

Edited by Guest

So tldr; If you want a better experience, buy a machine from a company that supports Cura development (eg; Ultimaker & Lulzbot)

Actually, my Raise3D N2 is sitting next to my Ultimaker 2.

I've tried to get Raise3D to contribute profiles for their hardware, but they have their own (mediocre) slicer, and aren't interested in Cura support.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.7 | Beta

Actually, my Raise3D N2 is sitting next to my Ultimaker 2.

I've tried to get Raise3D to contribute profiles for their hardware, but they have their own (mediocre) slicer, and aren't interested in Cura support.

You could take matters into your own hand and provide us with profiles. That's the beauty of open source ;)