Need help in printing with .25 3D Solex nozzle

ultradryan

Posted · Need help in printing with .25 3D Solex nozzle

definitely turn off zhop.

Yes the .25mm nozzle is less forgiving. The .4mm nozzle with .2mm layer heights often looks better than .05 layer heights. The thicker the nozzle and layers the more forgiving things are.

But you should be able to print a nicer looking benchy with .25mm. Let's hope it's just the zhop issue. I'm wondering what else you might have messed with. Bed temp should be at 60C max (no hotter). 60C should be fine. 55C might be slightly better. I see the hull overhang could be better - are your fans at 100%? You want as much fan as possible with this model and with pla in general.

Turn z hop off. It makes your print worse.

Also what is your minimum layer time?

Z axis issues give overextrusion and underextrusion and adjusting temp won't help. Only fixing your z axis would help. Looking at that picture it could be the case so you should clean It.

Is there a particular reason why z-hop make things less stable on a .25 nozzle but not (so much) on the .4mm nozzle? I thought this function is to help print better in overall? :O

definitely turn off zhop.

Yes the .25mm nozzle is less forgiving. The .4mm nozzle with .2mm layer heights often looks better than .05 layer heights.  The thicker the nozzle and layers the more forgiving things are.

But you should be able to print a nicer looking benchy with .25mm.  Let's hope it's just the zhop issue.  I'm wondering what else you might have messed with.  Bed temp should be at 60C max (no hotter).  60C should be fine.  55C might be slightly better.  I see the hull overhang could be better - are your fans at 100%?  You want as much fan as possible with this model and with pla in general.

Yes the bed is at 60C and 100% fan, will turn off z-hop and give it a go.

Z hop cam give minor inconsistencies on z height which shows up more on smaller nozzle and lower layer heights. Also the travel time is extended which means you can have more oozing causing blobs and air pockets in the nozzle.

• Like 1

Mostly I think it's the time thing. The extruder takes a little time to stabilize at a given pressure inside there and everytime you speed up or slow down you get over or under extrusion until it stabilizes again.

z-hop is a feature that delta printer people use a lot. I believe. It's not helpful for Ultimaker printers.

• Like 1