HTPLA stops extruding in UM3.

Posted · HTPLA stops extruding in UM3.

Hello,

I'm getting this problem where Proto-pasta HTPLA doesn't want to extrude, and its odd.

-I first had a roll of white HTPLA that worked perfectly, even with dual extrusion, used the entire spool, no problem (sans prints coming out hairy and with excess filament on the outside of the print).

-Then I tried their a roll of their new V3 HTPLA in black, and it stopped extruding after the first few layers (30-60 minutes in). After a few failed prints, I decided to stop. No idea the cause.

-Went back to their older HTPLA (V2, I guess), this time in grey. Had a nice 10+ hour print come out perfectly, but then I started to get issues similar to the V3 black I was trying. However, I found that the Bowden gear was digging too much into the filament, causing it to stop extruding.

-Turned the tension down all the way (or all the way up on the meter on the Bowden box), still getting this grinding issue.

I want to try to contact PP about this, but I had tried to contact them about the excess filament issue and they haven't gotten back to me about it.

Suggestions? It seems I can't rely on PP for help, and this is the only temp-resistance material that works with PVA (I do my printing in my apartment, so ABS is out of the question).

Thank you!

Posted (edited) · HTPLA stops extruding in UM3.

Just to be sure, I cleaned out the print core again and did a standard PLA and PVA print with no problem. Popped HTPLA back in, and immediately got the problems as before.

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies