Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ScarletImpaler

HTPLA stops extruding in UM3.

Hello,

I'm getting this problem where Proto-pasta HTPLA doesn't want to extrude, and its odd.

-I first had a roll of white HTPLA that worked perfectly, even with dual extrusion, used the entire spool, no problem (sans prints coming out hairy and with excess filament on the outside of the print).

-Then I tried their a roll of their new V3 HTPLA in black, and it stopped extruding after the first few layers (30-60 minutes in). After a few failed prints, I decided to stop. No idea the cause.

-Went back to their older HTPLA (V2, I guess), this time in grey. Had a nice 10+ hour print come out perfectly, but then I started to get issues similar to the V3 black I was trying. However, I found that the Bowden gear was digging too much into the filament, causing it to stop extruding.

-Turned the tension down all the way (or all the way up on the meter on the Bowden box), still getting this grinding issue.

I want to try to contact PP about this, but I had tried to contact them about the excess filament issue and they haven't gotten back to me about it.

Suggestions? It seems I can't rely on PP for help, and this is the only temp-resistance material that works with PVA (I do my printing in my apartment, so ABS is out of the question).

Thank you!