Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
JustSumGuy

Problems getting support to stick to raft (ABS) what setting?

Hi, I am getting so frustrated with this I had to post.  I think it may actually be a flaw in the slicer :)

This only happens with the support traces, the model itself sticks well.

The raft is built perfectly all layers of it interface and all.  When the model is put down it sticks as it should.  When the support lines are put down they just lay on top loosely no stick, like they were too thin or too high and solidified before they touched the raft.....

I think the first layer of support lines are too thin, and should be far thicker as there is no worry of them being too stuck to the raft regardless.  They appear half the width of the lines the first layer of the model gets...

is this a problem others have seen?

I don't see the issue when using PLA as I don't raft with PLA.   I need to Raft with ABS as shrinkage is an issue.

heated BED 105c  Tip heat 230c PEI bed

Cura 2.6.2 to Astro Pi print server.

Stick to bed is great. No problems there......

If I want to get a good print I have to pause and put a few drops of acetone on the first layers of the support to prevent them from being pushed aside...

Any advise?

Thanx

Edited by Guest

I have had simular issues with ABS. ABS has really bad layer adhesion compared to PLA and I think this is the main issue with support and rafts. I ended up turning off support interface and setting support z offset to 0.0 so it adhered properly and was able to get good results but of course you have to clean up the supported surface.