LesF

Can I build Cura for 32bit Linux?

Posted · Can I build Cura for 32bit Linux?

My printer is out in the cold garage, far away from my modern computers.

I have an old 32bit notebook running Debian Stretch, which is connected to the printer.

I would like to be able to build Cura for this device, is that possible at all?

Printer: Wanhao Duplicator i3 plus.

Hi, I guess it's possible as long as you can install all of the required prerequisites. Depending on the versions available, you may need to install stuff from source rather than using the Stretch debs. Good luck!

I would be happier if somebody had made a deb for Stable Debian, but anyways, where can I find the best instructions on trying to build this myself on 32bit Debian?

This is probably going to be very hard. You will probably need to build a whole bunch of libraries by yourself to get this to work.

If you don't have experience with this, I would not recommend this. We stopped supporting 32 bit as it took way to much time to support and there were only a handfull downloads.