Cura printing temperature -- Ultimaker 3

kattyisis

Posted · Cura printing temperature -- Ultimaker 3

Cura refuses to change the printing temperature when extruding. It is changed in the Cura Printing Temperature setting under the Prepare window, but still shows what the normal 205*c in the Print window when actually printing. What is WRONG with Cura? If you have that option, it needs to manage the printer as well. What are my options here in changing the temperature? Thanks.

I have not seen that happening. I have a print right now that is displaying the temperature set in Cura (190°C) for the PLA I am using and that is not the default temperature.

Which version of Cura and what machine? New? Used?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry for the delay. I thought I would get a notification through email, but I didn't.

We were using Cura 6.2.6 and I even tried to change the temp with the Beta 2.7. We have a Ultimaker 3 and it is connected to our PC via cord.

Hi @Kattyisis, thank you for your reply! No problem. You can change your notification settings by clicking on your profile in the top right, click settings at the bottom > notifications and change the email frequency to immediately when you receive a reply or tag.

How has it been going since your last post?

If you have an Ultimaker 3, you should not connect it with USB. You should either send your files over wifi or use the USB slot to start print jobs using a USB drive. It is not set up to control the Ultimaker 3 over USB with Cura.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong when printing over USB, like when your computer goes to sleep, or crashes it will ruin your 3D print. You also occupy your laptop for no reason throughout all this time.

Here are some more guidelines if you need some.

What I think is happening, is that you connect your Ultimaker 3 via USB to your computer, send your print over via wifi and then try to alter the temperature in Cura. Correct? You can however change temperature on the Ultimaker 3 itself using the display under the tune menu.

Hope this helps!