Introduction

ViperJet

Posted (edited) · Introduction

Hello Community.

First, sorry for my english. Its not my native language, its german.

My name is Udo and i am 47 years old.

I have started 3D printing 3 years ago with a Renkforce RF1000. At most i print detailed objects for my hobby. This is RC airplanes with piston- and jetengines. I love to build an aircraft as scale as i can. Lot of details can be printed very well with FDM printers. The scale of the aircrafts i build is around 1/4 to 1/5. I have also printed functional prototypes of wheels for a Focke Wulf 190 A8  in 1/4. All with the RF1000. The major problem with that kind of printer is the huge amount of mass it will be moved. The table slide in Y axis and the extruder (direct drive) withe the NEMA23 stepper slides in X. That circumstances often shift me in trouble with the objects on the table. The print time is not important for me. The finished part is the goal.

All my parts i create/custruct by myself with Fusion360 and have a 50W Co2 Lasercutter (800x600 mm travel), CNC gantry mill (550x1050x200 mm travel) and a Lathe (space between center 700mm) too.

So i decided to buy a new one. I have hat 3 major features that must be matched. Bouwden extruder, a large building volume and a housing. Heated printbed is also mandatory but 90% standard.

I like the way Ultimaker printer works and took a closer look to the UM3+E. That was a short search. It fits my needs and all i expected as addon. Now i have the Ultimaker 3+ Extended in my basement shop since 1 month :)

The need of fine nozzels i solved with two 3DSolex AA HardCore Pro. But Cura recognize the HardCore hardware but not the nozzle. It's ok because they are exchangeable. But i stuck to tell Cura wich nozzle size i currently have installed.

I am a little tired about it. One guy here have done things in resources/variants. But if i duplicate the ultimaker_extended_aa04.inst.cfg  to ultimaker_extended_aa25.inst.cfg and change the content the HardCore dont appear after startig Cura :(

I need the fine nozzle really bad for my fine constructions to be printed very fine. The origina AA0.4 Core is very impressive in details but i need the full range what the UM3 is able to do.

Any help is appreciated and maybe i can pay it back in a while.

Here the complete Main wheel for the FW 190

IMG_3121.thumb.JPG.1a82f0022ce1bace880ccf8615b7b825.JPG

Best regards,

Udo

IMG_3121.thumb.JPG.1a82f0022ce1bace880ccf8615b7b825.JPG

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Introduction

Hey Udo, English is better than most Americans I can say. And, welcome :)Cool community here. So much to learn...been here since January and still learning things from these guys here, newbies and oldtimers.

And, yeah, the UM3E is a sweet machine. :)

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...