Reznor9

Ideal settings/profile for ABS on an UM2 in Simplify3d?

Posted · Ideal settings/profile for ABS on an UM2 in Simplify3d?

New to this machine and although not disappointed in cura I wanted to try simplify3d. Would anyone be able to provide a download link to their UM2 profile? Or give tips on settings?

Posted · Ideal settings/profile for ABS on an UM2 in Simplify3d?

Hi and welcome

Im not a S3D expert but it seems to me that it's delivered with pretty good profiles for the UM2 no?

Posted (edited) · Ideal settings/profile for ABS on an UM2 in Simplify3d?

Im using the default settings in S3D on my UM2 using ABS and I can tell you that it is going to require a little tweaking on my end to get it to print how i want. as it stands, I am getting a lot of pillowing on my solid layers. Trying to add more layers and turning the fans on to 30% power when the solid layers begin to print. My first attempt with the new settings seemed to be successful, but then when trying to duplicate it, the pillowing resurfaced on the next print... not at all as bad as the initial one but still requiring some tweaking.

Edited by Guest