Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
purps

Struggling with Rigid.Ink PETG - what's the best way to accurately change Z axis gap?

Hi all,

I won't bore you with everything I've tried to get this material to print well, but I think it's down to bed height (PETG needs extra Z gap).

The advice is to back the bed off in 0.02mm increments until you get the gap right. Can I do this through Cura rather than trying to do it with the thumb screws? If the material is apparently that sensitive to build plate height, then I feel like the best thing to do would be to level the build plate as per my normal method just once, and then adjust the gap in software rather than trying to turn 3 thumbscrews the same amount...

I can't see the setting in Cura, and I believe I've read it's not there - hope I'm wrong. Or can I edit the Gcode?

Cheers,

Matt.

Yes it is custom firmware and it's a must for UM2serries owners. It has a geek mode with a huge amount of extra features.

You can download it here

Download the one that matches your printer and use CURA to install it. In CURA just select install custom firmware and select the file you downloaded.