Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Location of config files Cura 2.6 / 2.7

changedsoul

Posted · Location of config files Cura 2.6 / 2.7

So I had a catastrophic failure on my computer and had to reload. I reinstalled Cura, and I would like to reload config files from backup to get my cura back the way it was before the crash.

I went digging around in AppData. I see some Cura folders, but it seems like the configuration files for printers, etc are just scattered across many files? I tried reloading some but every time I start cura, my old settings are still gone. Looks like what ever I restored is not working.

Does cura store its info in the registry?

Does anyone know which files need to be reloaded to get cura back the way it was?

Posted · Location of config files Cura 2.6 / 2.7

Cura does not store any data in the registry. All configuration is stored in %APPDATA%\cura\2.6 for Cura 2.6. You need the whole folder.