Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bschulte

Spare nozzle for UM3 printcore

Hi all,

i've one AA core with a defected nozzle (damaged myself, don't ask how:-) so not warranty) but unfortunately UM won't sell spare nozzles for the UM3. At one hand understandable (because of the idea behind the core) but when you have a perfectly good core and only need a nozzle it feels completely unnecessary to put this core in the dumpster.

So does anyone know a alternative supplier for spare nozzles that fit the UM3? I already use 3dsolex so don't need to mention them. They work excellent but the nozzle will not fit in the original core.

Another solution from UM itself might be that I sent them my core so they can fix it and send it back but this also doesn't seem to be an option at UM.

So, before I put this core in the dumpster, I hope someone can help me out....

3dsolex has them. They converted easily 100 UM cores to "hardcores" early on (before they had their own circuit board) so send them an email asking for one or two of the nozzles - they are sitting in a bin and they don't know what to do with them. They'll be happy to sell you one or two. Do it soon before they get busy again next week. Tell him if you want AA or BB. They have tiny markings on the side of the nozzle (aa or bb).