Issues when printing gets to a certain height

Cactuar

Posted (edited) · Issues when printing gets to a certain height

Hello,

I am all of a sudden getting strange issues when I'm printing tall items. I know some of the items I'm printing are small or thin as the item gets taller, however in the past I had no issues printing the items before, so I'm not sure what's "changed" in the machine between then and now.

The height this issue happens at isn't 100% the same each time. It does happen to be near the 6-7 inch in height when the issue starts to show up.

I've done things like slow the print speed down overall, force it to stay on a layer height for 30 seconds or longer. Changing these is no longer making the print nice and smooth in that area.

Images below.

This is illustrating that I've been able to print this same file perfectly fine before. The stick part of the print is separate from the red orb and the base it's sitting on.

36758537615_e7edc778ed_k.jpg

Here is my multiple attempts to print the same file again and again, failing or getting it to print but it looks like garbage near the top.

36758540085_ede89c0872_k.jpg

Here's another print all together that also has the same issue of horrible lines after the height of 6-7 inches.

36758539425_42f6236657_k.jpg

36758538775_0c64264bbd_k.jpg

And here's what the print looks like on the bottom, totally fine an acceptable in quality.

36758538275_bc75e82a16_k.jpg

I'm using 2 Ultimaker 2 Extended that have both been upgraded to the + kit. The same issue happens on both printers and is a new issue. Printers are about 8 months old. I have them updated to Cura 2.3.1 firmware. Am going to update them to 2.6 (whatever version before 2.7 as I think that's still in beta).

Edited by Guest