I made a mini Ultimaker3 :P

Posted · I made a mini Ultimaker3 :P

Ofc ultimaker does not sell complete um3 heads.... but a New Zealand retailer had most spareparts published on its website.... and I just ordered the spareparts at my local reseller, mostly based on that list :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · I made a mini Ultimaker3 :P

Omg how cool :)when can we ordinary people buy um3 heads ? :)

Contact your reseller or distributor. He has the possibility to sell you spare parts which are not listed by Ultimaker under the product menu.

Or you are a bit patient and print your UM3 head by yourself when the hardware source is published.

Edited by Guest

Omg how cool :)when can we ordinary people buy um3 heads ? :)

Contact your reseller or distributor. He has the possibility to sell you spare parts which are not listed by Ultimaker under the product menu.

Or you are a bit patient and print your UM3 head by yourself when the hardware source is published.

I'm not going to publish a parts list of the head before Ultimaker publishes the Hardware source (probably in October) but if you PM me and promise not to share the list I can share it ....

I'm not going to publish a parts list of the head before Ultimaker publishes the Hardware source (probably in October) but if you PM me and promise not to share the list I can share it ....

A simple google Ultimaker 3 Printhead found this

http://www.mindkits.co.nz/ultimaker-parts-386.aspx

They list the SKU numbers. So it’s pretty much public for most parts

Indeed a good source.... But not complete :)

Posted (edited) · I made a mini Ultimaker3 :P

Indeed a good source.... But not complete :)

What else would you need for the mod? The custom cnc you made right?

And ofc the 12V fans version of the delta 35x35x10 fans, they cost 10€ on mouser (same ones gudo used for his fancap before um3 was released)

Edited by Guest

Well it looks neat....but that's a giant print head and little printer....so your print volume is what? 3 inch x 3 inch :)

Actually the go has so much space around the bed you (hardly) don't loose any.... But it's still a small go ofc....

Just made the thing for fun. Obviously it would make more sense to put the head in a um2 or umo.

• Like 1

Actually the go has so much space around the bed you (hardly) don't loose any.... But it's still a small go ofc....

Just made the thing for fun. Obviously it would make more sense to put the head in a um2 or umo.

Or just thinking out loud.. With the source files on October and the @gudo xycore I could see that pretty and heavier printhead moving with quite sweetness on a rail slider system...

• Like 4

Well it looks neat....but that's a giant print head and little printer....so your print volume is what?  3 inch x 3 inch  :)

The Go is a sweet little printer...with better print quality than the full size UM's.

I rarely print things that would not fit on the Go's bed. And it's the perfect size to have in your house...or for your kids to play with :)

Or just thinking out loud.. With the source files on October and the @gudo xycore I could see that pretty and heavier printhead moving with quite sweetness on a rail slider system...

Oops, you took the words out of my head ;)

When Gudo's CoreXY is out, and I have time :D, I want to try to realize my ideas :)

• Like 1