DonHanson

Can I Turn Off the Beeping Noise While Printing?

Posted · Can I Turn Off the Beeping Noise While Printing?

Love my UM3 but the beeping noise while printing is driving my partner crazy. (Particularly during long prints that run through the night) I'm hoping that is something that can be turned off, but haven't been able to find the setting.

Is this possible or am I out of luck?

Thanks

If I am correct, what you are hearing is the retraction motors. Ever notice how most of the motor noises have a sort of synthesizer sound to them? I think you are just hearing the servos working.

Stepper motors, not servos

Thanks for setting that aright. I was actually quoting someone else, so I do like to be properly corrected.

Now, are all the motors steppers or just the feeder motors? Or, is this a discussion for elsewhere?

There are no servos in an Ultimaker. In fact, extremely few printers use servo motors.