Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
R32ool

3d Prints appearing with zebra stripes & twists

HI everyone

I'm sure this subject has been covered before & I've found a few posts about it but none of them seemed to have a definitive answer as to why this was happening.

it started yesterday when I test printed one of my designs & what was meant to be a cylinder shape came out as a perfectly twisted cylinder.  so I printed a benchy to see if the problem repeated itself & it did.  but only on the top part of the print. I've read of a few possible causes from print speed to infill showing through & also the active bed levelling being out of sync & hardware misalignment.  however being pretty newish to 3D printing. "if you can call a printing for a year new" I'm still a little baffled. as everything has been printing fine without problem.

could someone please point me in the correct direction to get this solved as I'm lost for solutions

thanks

IMG_5589.thumb.JPG.6b4b57b24b213417ffa112fa0f7bed5b.JPG

IMG_5587.thumb.JPG.88488314fec7bf09e83d9488e9485765.JPG

IMG_5589.thumb.JPG.6b4b57b24b213417ffa112fa0f7bed5b.JPG

IMG_5587.thumb.JPG.88488314fec7bf09e83d9488e9485765.JPG

Edited by Guest

Do you know this thread?

Why does my print have tiny zebra stripes?

Manual - How to install TL-Smooth - Zebra Strippes Fix UMO - UM2 - UM3?

I have also bought this TL-Smooth, times when I will install this.

The 3DBenchy looks similar

5a333f2a1d95d_3DBenchyVorher1.thumb.jpg.8e31c4231f6505a4fe71eb30b7cf1f4a.jpg

5a333f2a1d95d_3DBenchyVorher1.thumb.jpg.8e31c4231f6505a4fe71eb30b7cf1f4a.jpg

Edited by Guest
Image added
  • Like 1

I seem to be having trouble replying to this thread either that or the posts are invisible to me only. Can anyone else see this post or the two previous posts to this thank you

Second that i can now see this post so I'll add my previous questions to this post.

As I've been trying to say I've printed both these designs before without any zebra stripes or twists it's only since yesteday that I've noticed anything wrong. ..is this issue degenerative as in it gets worse over time ? & what exactly do the boards do I did try to read why on the thread but i don't completely understand. ?

& would adding these boards invalidate my warranty as it's still covered. & finally are these the ones listed on eBay. Thank you

Edited by Guest