Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
KirieZ

Cura 2.6 doesn't start anymore

The day before yesterday everything was fine, but since yesterday I can't get Cura to start up. It starts loading up to the point of "loading scenes" and then nothing.

I'm guessing it's my computer getting too slow, but I'm not sure.

Installing version 2.7 gets me the same result.

Now I want to install it on another, faster laptop.

Instead of reinventing all my setting, I just want to copy them.

Where are these settings stored?

I copied the entire contents of the map that's in "Program files", but this doesn't change anything.

In all likelyhood, something has happened with your settings in 2.6 that causes a crash. After installing 2.7, your settings for 2.6 were copied and an attempt is made to upgrade them to work with 2.7, but because that "something" has happened to them, Cura 2.7 crashes too. If you copy the same settings to your new computer, Cura will crash on that computer too.

The settings are stored in AppData/Roaming. Provided you are running Windows 10, press the windows key and start typing %APPDATA%\cura\ and press return. There should be a 2.7 folder there that contains all the settings for Cura 2.7.