2.1.4 board pin layout?

Posted · 2.1.4 board pin layout?

Hello all, I have a ultimaker 2 and the z axis cable fried. This cause the board to get a small brown spot over on the JST but that connection is not longer working correctly. Everything else works as expected but the Z axis makes a horrible screech and only goes down a little. So my thought is since I have E1 open is to re-mapp the pins in the Pins.h file and re-flash the firmware but the Extruders only use 3 pins and I need to use all 5. I would prefer to try this before purchasing a replacement board. Anyone had to do this type of thing before or have schematic?

Again want to remap the JST? connector for E1 to be my new Z axis.

From the pins.h I have the following for the Z

#define Z_STEP_PIN 37

#define Z_DIR_PIN 39

#define Z_MIN_PIN 30

#define Z_MAX_PIN 32

#define Z_ENABLE_PIN 35

And for the Extruder1 (E1)

#define E1_STEP_PIN 49

#define E1_DIR_PIN 47

#define E1_ENABLE_PIN 48

I suppose you can only use 3. Z max/min look like endstop related? Not sure (thinking out loud)

Also, the only difference afaik from z to e1 is that Z has a physical switch to set it to 1/8 ot 1/16 and by default it’s on1.8 microstepping but e1 can be set by firmware.

Maybe that other 2 of Z are related to that? I would just change the 3 that are the same and try to see what happens.

Yes, I confirm the MAX/MIN pins are for the end stops (I didn't know UM2 had both, the UMO+ just uses one...)

There aren't many pins with header available on the 2.1.X boards, but you can use the following ones if they are free on the UM2 (they are on the UMO+ which shares the same board):

• Exp3 PB7 - ATmega Pin 26 - Digital pin 13
    • Ext/IO PC7 - ATmega Pin 60 - Digital pin 30
    • Ext/IO PD7 - ATmega Pin 50 - Digital pin 38

(The number to use in the pin.h config file is the last one, not the ATmega pin number)