MatteForge Filament anyone?

deepshots

Posted (edited) · MatteForge Filament anyone?
On 6/28/2019 at 12:15 PM, LePaul said:

Hi @fergazz !

I have a soft spot for Dutch Orange, one of my favorite filament colors that ColorFabb makes.

Agree!

On 6/28/2019 at 12:15 PM, LePaul said:

Glad you enjoy the channel!  It's grown quite a bit on me in the last few months and I really enjoy the many projects I stumble into!

You deserve! It's a great channel... 

----x----

My filament just arrived!! 

This one is the Orange from Matteforge. Printed with 0.8mm nozzle and 0.2mm layer high... I still dealing with the profile, this is my first print with it: 225°C; 5.5mm retraction distance and 25mm/s. I note some overextrusion in some layers... not sure if it's my settings or diameter variation... I'll watch closely

Matteforge_orange_0.8_0.2mm.JPG

Edited by fergazz
duplicated photo

Posted · MatteForge Filament anyone?
    14 hours ago, Smithy said:

But anyway, a nice color 🙂 

yeah, it is a nice color... I like it!! 😀

Definitly it's not shiny. Less vivid than this photo... slightly white, looks like it was sanded

• 1 month later...

I got some of the matte grey again and i face the same problem i had with my old 1.75mm printers when i tired it and that is it sticks far to well to the glass and you end up 1) breaking the part getting them all or 2) clip the glass.

Have people been using normal PLA settings with it? I have my initial layer height set at 0.2mm i think i might try 0.15 but i worry about chipping the glass keeping on using it.

13 hours ago, ScanHD said:

You could try using a raft? 

Also it's important to let the print cool. I run mine under water and they release ok.

I always let my prints cool 🙂 it just sticks way to good to the glass, i'll back off the first layer so its pushed down less.