Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
simonp

Cura screen shots

Hi - Is it possible to generate screenshots from Cura once the file has been 'prepared' for printing? I have had a bottle cap with thread designed for me but once it has been 'prepared' the walls have hollow sections in them - I need to show my designer

I don't know mac but I'm sure it has the same capabilities...

On windows you can hit printscreen button (next to scroll lock - above insert key) and that does a screenshot of your entire screen. Or you can do ALT-PrintScreen to get a screenshot of just the active application. Once you do either of those you can open up mspaint (start button, run, mspaint (skip 'run' in vista/win7). In mspaint do "paste" and then save as png. Don't save as jpg as jpg isn't good for screenshots - it's only good for photos.

If you have win7 you can use the snipping tool. Click start button and type "sni" and it will come up. Snipping tool is nice because it has built in highlighting functions (like makeing red circles and yellow highlighter).

Bear in mind that what you're seeing could well be the notorious 'thin wall' problem in Cura, where certain parts of the walls don't get filled in properly.

If you haven't already, try slicing with a single loop around the outside - set your wall thickness equal to your nozzle width, and are if that makes any difference to the end result.

Hi - Is it possible to generate screenshots from Cura once the file has been 'prepared' for printing? I have had a bottle cap with thread designed for me but once it has been 'prepared' the walls have hollow sections in them - I need to show my designer

Bear in mind that what you're seeing could well be the notorious 'thin wall' problem in Cura, where certain parts of the walls don't get filled in properly.

If you haven't already, try slicing with a single loop around the outside - set your wall thickness equal to your nozzle width, and are if that makes any difference to the end result.

Which Daid fixed in the next release :)