Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
drbrcho

Ultimaker 3 leveling issues

Hello everybody!

Happy to be part of the ultimaker family!

Finally I got myself Ultimaker 3. Setting it up was relatively easy and I am really satisfied from the out of the box quality. But I have some leveling problems. I am having elephant feet issue. I did try the active leveling mode but after it kept happening I decided to go for manual still same issue. I looked up some guides around but I could not find any fix for it. Another thing is that first later is not perfectly flat but I guess this goes to the same reason why the elephant feet appear.

Hi,

I found a useful video on the youtube. Simultaneously with this video, it may be helpful to repeat the steps.

If ıt does not solve this problem. I have a simple solution. Choose platform adhesion type raft. This is a quick solution.

Edited by Guest
I forgot to add a link.

Hi @drbrcho, can you elaborate what 'the bottom is not flat' means? Does it mean you see warping, or are there some irregularities in your first layer which make look like 'scratches'?

In any case, a photo of what your first layer looks like, would be helpful.

What filament are you using? If you have warping, this is important information.

If you are having elephant feet, and you are using Cura 2.7, you could look into the setting 'Initial Layer Horizontal Expansion'. Good luck! :)

Hi @drbrcho, can you elaborate what 'the bottom is not flat' means? Does it mean you see warping, or are there some irregularities in your first layer which make look like 'scratches'?

In any case, a photo of what your first layer looks like, would be helpful.

What filament are you using? If you have warping, this is important information.

If you are having elephant feet, and you are using Cura 2.7, you could look into the setting 'Initial Layer Horizontal Expansion'. Good luck! :)

Here is a picture

.img_0001_m.jpg

Not from my printer and it does not look so bad but similar. Not sure how to explain it. No matter how many times I am leveling the bed manually or using the auto level always comes like this. I am still using the original ultimaker filament the printer came with. Yes I do use latest cura 2.7 will check the setting!