Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Clancey

Innofil settings?

Hi folks.

I'm new to the Ultimaker 3, I have splashed out on some Ultimaker materials, but I can't afford to do that all the time, so I'm trialing some Innofil White Pla. I'm getting 'ok' results, but rough with the standard settings. Could a couple of your share your experiences with Innofil and the settings you've used?

Also, the Inno I bought was a large roll, obviously heavier than the small rolls supplied with the printer and it sticks on the material spindle, then stalls in the feeder, and grinds away until there's nothing left to feed. I've slapped a load of lube oil on the spindle for now, but there must be a better solution. Anyone have one?

On that point, the spindle supplied for 2 rolls has a build in design flaw. The separator between the two rolls is the perfect distance for material No1 to come off a new spool and wrap around the spindle, which then of course gets stuck. Anyone have any fixes for this?

Many thanks.

In the end I gave up with InnoFil PLA. It maybe fine in other machines, but I couldn't get it to feed, I think it's too soft, the feeder kept grinding it and clogging the tubes, then it gets stuck and your print core ends up empty.

So, I've flushed it all out and it's gone back in the box ready for a cheaper printer to arrive.

I'm not knocking InnoFil at all, I'm sure it's quality stuff, I just can't make it work with this specific printer. If others are using it without problems that's great.