Cura fonts garbled on MacOS High Sierra

toonr

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited) · Cura fonts garbled on MacOS High Sierra

Still garbled in 3.2.1, (3.2 also has the issue but more drastically), 3.1 renders as expected.  see the right column in the screenshots provided.  Feel free to reach out to you need any further info. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 2.05.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 2.05.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 2.06.20 PM.png

Edited by TabLeft

Posted · Cura fonts garbled on MacOS High Sierra

Howdy---Cura 3.2.1 alpha is now working OK on Capitan 10.11.6. Click ssues remain on Mac Trackpad and Wacom Intros 2 Mouse-I sort of change clicking until something works-especially difficult to move build plate around on the screen. Connection with UM3 is much improved-easy to do, but every new print requires a simple network disconnect at the printer and immediate reconnect, works every time.

Had issues with 3.2, did a fresh download and instal of 3.2.1 on my early 2013 MBP retina with 10.13.3.

Still garbled.  Maybe a bit better, but it doesn't fix it.  Almost unreadable.

Edited by milehigh3dii

Just installed 3.2.2 on iMac. The fonts appear correctly. Hooray!

17 minutes ago, eldrick said:

Just installed 3.2.2 on iMac. The fonts appear correctly. Hooray!

Where did you get a copy of 3.2.2? I still don’t see it listed on the site 

There is no official 3.2.2 release (yet?), but a build was posted on this issue: https://github.com/ultimaker/cura/issues/3277

Edited by ahoeben

For me changing to the default fonts didn't fix it, but changing to Arial font did

This with the theme.json that uses default

5a9fb0689a40a_Capturadepantalla2018-03-07alas10_22_18.thumb.png.c0c8dd6777990fb6ce7e74ca00efa4c6.png

And this one with Arial as font al clear and sweet

5a9fb08837700_Capturadepantalla2018-03-07alas10_24_20.thumb.png.baa93cc4f813cb865d321dbaa20f493b.png

Am I the only one who is still getting this font rendering problem on 4.0.0?

I put in a hack for it (to use Arial) on the 3.x I was using, but during the upgrade to 4.x I lost all that, but assumed that with it being a new code base it wouldn't have the same achilles heel. Unfortunately that was my optimism getting the better of me.

Just like in 3.x though it is intermittent, but looks very similar to the garbling that leliep was seeing above. I've done the Arial fix again, then switched back to the Noto Sans and all is fine. When it goofs again I'll post a screenshot.

ETA: This is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M + Intel Iris Pro

Edited by Nicodema

No problems here with a default Cura 4 installation on several Macbooks and iMac.