Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ittayd

How do I fill gaps

I have a model which is a cup holder (a hollow cylinder) with the FCB crest on it. To reduce support, I've tilted it in 45 degrees. But I can see there are gaps in the print (using 'fine' print and 0.8mm walls with wall line count of 2). How can I make cura fill them?

Capture.thumb.PNG.2f2f92dd0885e7dc5df90ba5b068b414.PNG

under the shell setting is your ignore small Z gaps checked? if it is uncheck it and see if that generates the same gaps in the model...

also check to be sure your FILL GAPS BETWEEN WALLS is set on EVERYWHERE...

possible slice the model at .06 if all else fails and see if it corrects the issue... only problem with that is it will for sure add lots of time to the print..

just grasping at straws here...

Thank you,

I did have the ignore small Z gaps checked, but unchecking didn't make a difference and fill gaps between walls is set to everywhere.

I don't want to slice the model thinner as it already takes 19:13 hours to print. Any other hints?