Ultimaker Cura 3 | Beta

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3 | Beta

Hiya,

Not sure if this is the right place to suggest it but I think one big thing that is missing is a speed setting for overhangs/unsupported areas.

maybe adding a bridging function in quality and speed. consideration should be given to the control of the orientation/angle of the lines printed if possible to the orentation of the gap to be bridged (shortest length)

so far I have not had any issues with the BETA.

many thanks

Rebekah Anderson

• Replies 71
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will wait for the version with the function "infill shift"...

I saw the discussion on twitter a while ago and later here. Sorry that it is not included in this stable version, it seemed like a good feature.

But I'm sure it will follow later as promised in Cura 3.1.

do you recon bridging speed will be considered along with related bridging settings?

I saw the discussion on twitter a while ago and later here. Sorry that it is not included in this stable version, it seemed like a good feature.

But I'm sure it will follow later as promised in Cura 3.1.

"La balle est dans votre camp" as we say in French....

• Like 1

For whatever reason, with Google Chrome, I can not download the or "click" on any of the links on that page (https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura) If I pop it open in Firefox, I can. If I purge my cache it will work....but just wanted to report it, since it seems a bit weird those links worked a week ago, but not now. I'm curious if any other Chrome users have that trouble?

Hi @LePaul,

Do you perhaps have some pending notifications in chrome when the download button is not working? I have it as well, and if you look closely it is because the hexagon in the background is being pushed forward, covering the button. If you would go incognito you would also be able to download it.

Hi @LePaul,

Do you perhaps have some pending notifications in chrome when the download button is not working? I have it as well, and if you look closely it is because the hexagon in the background is being pushed forward, covering the button. If you would go incognito you would also be able to download it.

Good suggestion....nothing pending, just Spotify playing in the background (trying to wake up still!)

Incognito is a good idea, too.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know (or remind you) that we have our second Ultimaker 'Ask Me Anything' scheduled for tomorrow 4:30pm (CEST).

This is where it will take place, and hopefully we'll see you there if you have anything you want to ask Nallath or MSuurmond.

If you are not familiar with the concept of an 'Ask Me Anything' (AMA), usually someone (or in this case 2 persons) step forward for a certain amount of time where they will try to answer any question you fire at them. Usually, this person has a specific level of expertise or story which is interesting to know more about.

• Like 1

@Thomllama : is this really the most important thing?

for anyone who understands what the process of beta testing involves for people who use the product regularly... YES

Is there a better place to put observations/suggestions/questions about the new software? It set up smoothly (aside from not realizing I still had the old beta floating around) and some new features were readily apparent out of the box.

My suggestion: Could the center of rotation of the main 3D viewport be *within* the print volume? If not some sensible place like at the first surface the center of the view-port comes into, or the geometric center of the currently active model, then even the center of the print volume (or center of print surface) would help.

When zoomed in (in this case trying to see if a defect in my print was in the slicing or the printing), it is very hard to inspect the surface up close. It's a non-trivial problem, but I think even a trivial solution would improve things.

And in case I'm just clueless, am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Another item I find a little too hard to get to - nozzle size.

Perhaps I'm more alone in this than I realize, but I change my nozzle regularly, editing the printing profile is awkward. Adding a pull down for it would work.

An alternative would be to link the printers as you do the materials - having a master printer profile, then several linked ones (for instance, one per nozzle diameter) would be a quick and easy way to deal with the problem. Right now I'm managing many parallel profiles and it's a bit cumbersome.

Per my previous post - and others' - just adding a "Beta" to the beta version icon would at least make the stable one easy to differentiate for when you're done testing and just want to print.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3 | Beta

@Thomllama : is this really the most important thing?

for anyone who understands what the process of beta testing involves for people who use the product regularly... YES

I think your work environment is not ready to use a beta version...

Maybe you do not have to add the icon of the beta version to the launchpad...

But maybe you're right, I'm not using enough CURA to understand the importance of a beta testing process.... ;)

...Or maybe it's not my first beta version of CURA.

I have a second computer or I can use a virtual machine on the first : Not you ?

Edited by Guest

Hi @AbeFM, it depends. Do you want to leave feedback regarding the beta or stable?

You are currently in the beta thread, and yesterday we released the stable version. The thread for this you can find here.

@Darkdvd & @Thomllama, I have a feeling we are drifting off topic, aren't we? ;)

Edited by Guest

@Darkdvd & @Thomllama, I have a feeling we are drifting off topic, aren't we? ;)

notmyfault.gif?ver=2017-10-18-105856-223

. ya, sorry for asking to have a rather simple thing added that would make life for end users easier, guess Spaghetti infill and fuzzy skin are more important that actually being able to identify the app, ya know, Because so many people are using that and no one needs to ID which is which... :O

Edited by Guest

. ya, sorry for asking to have a rather simple thing added that would make life for end users easier, guess Spaghetti infill and fuzzy skin are more important that actually being able to identify the app, ya know, Because so many people are using that and no one needs to ID which is which... :O

Ok, point is clear. Moooooooving on!

Hi All, just wanted to share with you that Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Beta just went live. We're curious to hear what you think of it. Follow this link for the new thread and to leave your feedback :)

• Like 1