Certificate of trust

Maxjr758

Posted (edited) · Certificate of trust

I'm using Cura 2.7 with my Anycubic i3 Mega.

I did a Windows update on my laptop a few days ago. Ever since when I down load anything into Cura for slicing, the resultant  file look like a certificate,  and gives a "Certificate"of trust  error. It now gives this error on files I have printed in the past multiple times.

Would anyone help me correct this hoping to print some things for my daughter's Wedding next Sat.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Certificate of trust

This is really a windows question.

There are easily 10 or 20 ways to open a file in windows. I suspect you are using the "double click on it" method or maybe the "click once and hit enter" method. I suggest you learn a few of the other methods.

For example within cura you can choose "file" "open file" menu items or "Alt+f o" or the shortcut "Ctrl+o".

Or you can drag the file and drop it into cura.

This technique works with microsoft word and pretty much all applications in Windows (ctrl+o, alt+fo, drag and drop, double click, right click choose open, etc)

However to address your exact issue it sounds like the file type "stl" is associated with some kind of certificate. You can right click on one of these files and do "choose program to open..." and then check the box that says "always associate this file type with this program" and then choose cura. This is the most complicated suggestion as it's different on different versions of windows and you might have to hold down the shift key when you right click to get the "open with..." option. But once done then you will be able to double click on stl files forever and it will open cura.