Please try the version before release

No one seems to be listening though

Dr D

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.0.3 won't open

Same problem........can't launch cura 3.0.3, had to go back to 2.7

In all likelyness, you ran into an issue that was fixed in Cura 3.0.4

Very annoying to have a new version every 15 days

So, on the one hand you complain there's a bug, and on the other you complain it was fixed in a new version?

When you post something like this, what do you want to accomplish? Do you really think that Ultimaker does not test the software before it is released? I can assure you they do (Hi Andreea, hi Ellen!). Unfortunately, the testing team physically can't test all computer configuations that out in the field. That's why there are public betas, to find issues that are not identified by the testing team at Ultimaker.

The issue that you likely ran into was not flagged as a crashing bug during the beta, only as a cosmetic bug (where the buildplate would turn black - or white - instead of showing a grid). Because it only causes a crash on a small set of configurations.

Do you know what you accomplish with snide remarks? It annoys me and makes me less inclined to help you.

including you?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 3.0.3 won't open

Same problem........can't launch cura 3.0.3, had to go back to 2.7

In all likelyness, you ran into an issue that was fixed in Cura 3.0.4

So, on the one hand you complain there's a bug, and on the other you complain it was fixed in a new version?

When you post something like this, what do you want to accomplish? Do you really think that Ultimaker does not test the software before it is released? I can assure you they do (Hi Andreea, hi Ellen!). Unfortunately, the testing team physically can't test all computer configuations that out in the field. That's why there are public betas, to find issues that are not identified by the testing team at Ultimaker.

The issue that you likely ran into was not flagged as a crashing bug during the beta, only as a cosmetic bug (where the buildplate would turn black - or white - instead of showing a grid). Because it only causes a crash on a small set of configurations.

Do you know what you accomplish with snide remarks? It annoys me and makes me less inclined to help you.

including you?

Except many many of us don't have cosmetic bugs we actually can't open the software at all.

Had it with 2.7 and now with 3.0

The install does it section then you click start Cura and finish and it crashed after attempting to start

Re-trying to start Cura has no effect and removing and re-installing has no effect either

Supposedly there is some file that someone suggested we go into Windows and modify but that is not a viable option for many and for many doing so would create career havoc for attempting to mess with the operating system

Durable programs are tested under rigorous conditions with various opSys and when errors are found announcements are made about the extent of the issue and pending solutions

So you are saying that if I download 3.0.4 I will resolve this?

• Like 1

Hello again,

For you information my problem has not been resolve by 3.04,

The only solutions that I find by MYSELF, is to erase the configuration folder everymorning.

Yesterday I spent 5 hours to "fix" the problem that is not fixed in 3.0.4 has you were saying.

I never sayed that my problem was fixed in a new version but in a older version.

What I want to accomplish is to get an answer, as I can see that a lot of questions are not answerd by Ultimaker.

All I can say is that I'm really happy about the machine but definitelly not about the support.

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.0.3 won't open

And I've no cosmetic problems.

My problem is that the programm crash, I finnaly got this issue resolved by myself

Now I lost all my profile everytime I open Cura.

So you are less inclined to help me ?

Anyway did you help me before ?..........no

I opened 2 topics in the past that no one answered, and now that I become more aggressive someone is finnally answering !

Edited by Guest

I think you are missing the point here @ahoeben ...no one is complaining that a bug was fixed (you do a very good job with that, and implementing new features). The problem, that Ultimaker have created with Cura [23].x, is that you release new versions so often, that there is no longer any "stable" version that one can feel confident that it "just works" (with the set of features it has). When a bug is fixed, it usually comes with a set of new features, and some other thing is broken.

Heck, for me, the latest "stable" version is v15.04 (and that can't be taken as a good sign). This is something that of course has a price tag, but Ultimaker needs to tackle it, sooner, not later.

I said this on Twitter the other day in a discussion, and I will say it here "on record". Ultimaker needs a "stable" version and a "new and exiting" version of Cura. Think Ubuntu LTE vs. non-LTE. Cura 3.x would have been a good candidate for that ;)

And Ultimaker should push really hard to squish all known issues in the "stable" version, for it's feature set, without introducing new features. You will have a lot more happy customers this way ;)

Again, i'm not saying that you are not working hard...I am impressed with how you stepped up the slicer-game during the past year. You just need to start looking at Cura from an end-users perspective :)

• Like 1

My problem is that the programm crash, I finnaly got this issue resolved by myself

I opened 2 topics in the past that no one answered, and now that I become more aggressive someone is finnally answering !

So after removing your profile, Cura runs once? Could you post you logfiles after you have started Cura once?

So after removing your profile, Cura runs once? Could you post you logfiles after you have started Cura once?

So what I did to make 3.04 worked is cleaning everything concerning Cura in my computer, the trick is that when you install 3.04 it doesn't appear with the other programm, you have to manually search it in the programmes folder.

And this is no more in the cura folder, the folder now is "ultimaker cura 3.0".

So after removing all version it work but I loose my profiles (original ones and custom ones) every day, even after making a factory reset on the printer also.

Everytime I loose my profile I just erase the configuration folder and then start again, quiet annoying but this is the only solution I found.

Now 304 is working but only with this process.

I'd like to show you the log but I don't know how.

Thank you for your interest

Matthieu

So what I did to make 3.04 worked is cleaning everything concerning Cura in my computer, the trick is that when you install 3.04 it doesn't appear with the other programm, you have to manually search it in the programmes folder.

So after removing all version it work but I loose my profiles (original ones and custom ones) every day, even after making a factory reset on the printer also.

Everytime I loose my profile I just erase the configuration folder and then start again, quiet annoying but this is the only solution I found.

Matthieu

So every day you lose your profiles (quality profiles I presume?). When that happens you remove all of Cura (through uninstall of manually deleting the folders?). Then you re-install it and you next day it happens again?

So it isn't about Cura crashing at startup but about that the quality profiles (or material profiles?) go missing?

Matthieu

So every day you lose your profiles (quality profiles I presume?). When that happens you remove all of Cura (through uninstall of manually deleting the folders?). Then you re-install it and you next day it happens again?

So it isn't about Cura crashing at startup but about that the quality profiles (or material profiles?) go missing?

First it was about Cura crashing at startup, so I manually deleted all the cura files in the computer in order to make 304 work permanently.

The second issue I have is loosing all the quality profiles (automatic and custom quality profiles), for this the only temporarly solution I have is to delete only the configutation folder when it happens.

First it was about Cura crashing at startup, so I manually deleted all the cura files in the computer in order to make 304 work permanently.

The second issue I have is loosing all the quality profiles (automatic and custom quality profiles), for this the only temporarly solution I have is to delete only the configutation folder when it happens.

You say 'was' that doesn't happen anymore with 3.0.4 right?

Does losing the quality profiles happen when you add a printer?

Can you post a screenshot of how it looks?

5a33411231d20_ScreenShot2017-11-17at20_52_51.thumb.png.8fa7ec9cca1fb9e1620171f34d1c3cbc.png

and

5a33411241005_ScreenShot2017-11-17at20_53_02.thumb.png.b1f77784b6a9bd0b9cc48c25a29a1da3.png

Hello,

Unfortunately I won't be able to take a screenshot as cura as stopped working again......I'd like to say that i'm fed up with this situation but it's a lot more than this.....I'm selling my UM3 to buy another machine.

I found something that worked for me. It seems Cura 3.1 does not like the Cura Config file form previous versions.

I located  it in the C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.1 directory and I edited it to the  following:

[mesh]
    [backend]
    [general]
    window_height = 1050
    visible_settings = ;support_tower_diameter;machine_settings;cool_fan_full_layer;magic_spiralize;support_pattern;support_extruder_nr;travel;material_diameter;adhesion_extruder_nr;support_enable;material_flow;prime_tower_enable;print_sequence;support_type;support_top_distance;cool_fan_full_at_height;cool_fan_speed_0;support_interface_extruder_nr;material_print_temperature;blackmagic;material;material_bed_temperature;brim_width;infill_sparse_density;platform_adhesion;layer_0_z_overlap;acceleration_print;layer_height;support_bottom_distance;dual;cool_fan_speed_min;support_roof_extruder_nr;speed_travel;wall_thickness;adhesion_type;experimental;infill_pattern;retraction_enable;z_seam_y;raft_airgap;prime_tower_position_x;prime_tower_size;support_xy_distance_overhang;cool_fan_enabled;infill_mesh;support_use_towers;speed;meshfix;support;acceleration_travel;support_bottom_extruder_nr;support_angle;support_interface_density;support_z_distance;top_bottom_thickness;prime_tower_position_y;material_bed_temperature_layer_0;speed_print;z_seam_x;support_infill_rate;cooling;raft_surface_layers;infill;resolution;jerk_print;jerk_travel;shell
    latest_version_changelog_shown = 3.1.0
    accepted_user_agreement = True
    window_state = 2
    window_left = 606
    window_width = 1470
    window_top = 205
    version = 5
    [local_file]
    dialog_load_path =
    [gcodereader]
    [physics]
    [layerview]
    extruder_opacities = 1
    [info]
    asked_send_slice_info = True
    send_slice_info = False
    [um3networkprinting]
    [view]
    [octoprint]
    [metadata]
    setting_version = 4
    [cura]

Saved it and for me the Cura 3.1 started to load properly I had to copy parameters from my original printer setup information but it is all good now so far
     maybe this will work for you also.
    good luck

Could you also post what you edited?

Copy from:

[mesh] .........

......[cura]

in my message and replace the contents of the cura.cfg  file with that configuration information.

Essentially what I did was removed any information relating to directories and files on my computer that the Cura 3.1 install copied from the older Cura 3.04. which is essentially the printer information and last file location accessed and any other path information that I found. One of these was causing the Cura 3.1 to crash. in particular it had to do with the printer set-up file information  so after you get it working if you connect it to the old file configuration, which will still be available, it will crash again it is better to keep the old install and to cut and paste the information between versions as I was able  to have them open concurrently. In Cura 3.1 it will ask you to create a new Printer set up when it starts as the editing I suggest will convince it that there is no previous set-up information available so it does a fresh start. The advantage is that it allows me to retain the older versions in a working state and still get the 3.1 to load properly, without having to uninstall/purge all previous versions and such.

you have all the information you need in my previous posting.