Bruce61

Why Cura not making this layer solid with no infill?

Posted (edited) · Why Cura not making this layer solid with no infill?

I have 100% infill selected, with the recomended set up  but I still get a hollow model? Why is this? I also noticed that the infill settings when I change them have no affect?

Thanks

5a334032d32f9_cura3.thumb.JPG.f99e1506162ab00fcca51288e44d628c.JPG

5a334032d32f9_cura3.thumb.JPG.f99e1506162ab00fcca51288e44d628c.JPG

Edited by Guest

Posted · Why Cura not making this layer solid with no infill?

Make sure you changed the infill for the extruder you print the object with in case you sliced it for an Ultimaker 3. ;)

It is as DidierKlein said in this thread.

It takes a bit of getting used to. But since I come from a background where lo-rez was always used to represent the actual finished product in a way to not slow down the process, either by expense and time or computing power and computing time.

We called it FPO (For Position Only) in the print world. So, for me it is natural. But for newcomers to something using a representation to speed along the viewing and cut down on computing, it can be a bit jarring in the WYSIWYG world we live in. I am so old, I do not even know if WYSIWYG is used anymore as just about everything WYSIWYG is these days.

Howdy, I have the same question. I am using UM3, Cura 3.0.3 and am attempting to solid print this tube, however, no[/media] matter the infill density setting or pattern, it remains as shown in the image. I don't know how to attach an image..I used the image gallery button above but...here is what I got, [media=71572]

My issue may not be correct. I reloaded the stl and after making my settings, lo, splicing shows infill.

Howdy, I have the same question. I am using UM3, Cura 3.0.3 and am attempting to solid print this tube, however, no[/media] matter the infill density setting or pattern, it remains as shown in the image. I don't know how to attach an image..I used the image gallery button above but...here is what I got, [media=71572]

STL may be flawed. Just had a similar issue with another file in a different thread.

Also not that now when you set infill to 100% it actually set the bottom layer to 9999 (or something) so maybe check that too

Yes, Cura (3.6.0) sets the bottom layer to 9999, but this is NOT what I requested. I want the perimeter printed using extruder 1 (a more expensive material), and the infill printed at 100% using extruder 2 (a less expensive material). So, I manually set the bottom layer to 10. The result is a triangular mesh pattern at less than 100% infill. This sure looks like a bug to me.

Not100.jpg

30 minutes ago, herbw said:

I want the perimeter printed using extruder 1 (a more expensive material), and the infill printed at 100% using extruder 2 (a less expensive material).

It does this.

WallExtruder.thumb.jpg.2cf4f58e10e515476c2ed47443a1fb61.jpg

InfillExtruder.thumb.jpg.33bbd5c73c99abd3e5b6093758e252fd.jpg

Do you have these settings unhidden?

I have Infill Extruder set to Extruder 2. I have not made changes to outer wall extruder and inner wall extruder.

Then it should be doing as you asked: Infill is one material and walls another. The walls have several settings. The percentage thing I would have to look at.