Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
thopiekar

3DS SolidWorks plugin (0.5.5)

The attached ZIP archive contains six files.  Two of each type (STL AMF 3MF) saved using the default Fine and Course settings from SWX 2018.

It's just a simple handle mounting template I needed to mount a security handle in our shower.  I chose it because of it's simplicity in order to keep the file sizes to a minimum.

563486320_HandleTemplate.thumb.JPG.51720c611aa087280d07af568915901c.JPG

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.  I use the plugin regularly, and it serves my purposes, but further refinement may help others.

STL AMF 3MF.zip

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Well, it is noticeable that there are changes between the files.

Since you are using a more recent version of SolidWorks and thus 3MF in the background of the plugin, you never noticed a difference, when choosing between the different quality profiles.

I'll change this in the coming version. Only waiting for some docs by Ultimaker how to create *.curapackage files, which are replacing the *.curaplugin files we had in the past.

Difficult to say. At least it would include all the bugfixes I had to do and it would include the workaround to not touch any export settings.

But for the "Custom" option, I will need to make additions to the user interface, which could take some time. Need to decide on a logical design for it, too.

By the way, could you give me the min and max values for both properties in the dialogue? So "Deviation" and "Angle"?

Thanks again!

I meant what the min and max values are when using the slider (right to left).

By slider I mean this widget:

image.png.39cb166e0d89151ca845bc3c4b37b772.png

Then I would know which min and max values I need to adopt for the plugin, where I would clone this slider into. 🙂

On 7/27/2018 at 6:22 PM, thopiekar said:

Found the reason for the bug (it did it for the FreeCAD plugin, but guess it will be the same for all the other ones) 😜✌️

It is basically due to changes made by the Cura team, I was not informed about, and I was not able to follow with their changes recently.

So yeah, don't know when I'll be able to roll out updates, but, however, the solution is there already!

Hi!

any news on the update? As I´m in a bigger design project right now, it gets a bit annoying to have the names not propperly managed...

b.r.

chris

Hey Chris!

Sorry for the delay. I'm on a project in the US currently, which means working hours of 10h and max 15h per day.

Anyway, I continued preparing a tool I wrote in the past to create Cura plugin files, so I could distribute the code.

I began to implement the new format yesterday, but if you like and I think you are using Cura <= 3.4, then I can send you a .curaplugin file for testing. But this will be an unreleased version and therefore don't want to give any guarantees on that.

What do you think?

Regards

- Thomas

Edited by thopiekar

On 9/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, thopiekar said:

Hey Chris!

Sorry for the delay. I'm on a project in the US currently, which means working hours of 10h and max 15h per day.

Anyway, I continued preparing a tool I wrote in the past to create Cura plugin files, so I could distribute the code.

I began to implement the new format yesterday, but if you like and I think you are using Cura <= 3.4, then I can send you a .curaplugin file for testing. But this will be an unreleased version and therefore don't want to give any guarantees on that.

What do you think?

Regards

- Thomas

Hi Thomas,

never mind - hope it is a bit time for fun even at this long days.

if it´s ok for you, I´m happy to act as a crash test bunny 🙂

Just attach it to a PM, should work finde...

b.r.

chris

Edited by drayson

My god this plugin is GODLIKE!!

TOPTIP: Isolate one part in a big assembly or multi-part. Click on one surface and press CTRL+A to select all faces/surfaces, then click the macro-button. That ONE part goes to cura, niiiicely without saving a bazillion STL-files manually.