Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Ziogianni84

Filament guide UM3

Nope. The filament has to go through the shackle.

Hi, I know that indeed it was specified in the post's introduction "Never mind...." What I meant to say was that I see the whole filament guide being loose, not the filament itself. There's a small tab in the middle of the shunk, between the two spools, which I cannot hook anywhere. So if I apply pressure on the far end of the filament guide it swings.

Oh sorry, I must have overread this. The material guide, as the part is officially called, has indeed quite a lot of play. One could improve that a bit by adjusting the mold injection tool. However, a bit too much play is better in this case as not enough play.

Don't worry about the material guide falling down. As long as there is a spool on position 1 it cannot fall down unless it is very exposed to people touching it accidentally. The latch is just for limiting the movement of the spool in position 1.

Oh sorry, I must have overread this. The material guide, as the part is officially called, has indeed quite a lot of play. One could improve that a bit by adjusting the mold injection tool. However, a bit too much play is better in this case as not enough play.

Don't worry about the material guide falling down. As long as there is a spool on position 1 it cannot fall down unless it is very exposed to people touching it accidentally. The latch is just for limiting the movement of the spool in position 1.

Thanks! Just because I'm quite curious... regarding the latch, should it be closed in any way? Or should it work as is like a sort of stopper tab preventing the material guide from moving around (like actually you already explained)?

Edited by Guest