Eurika I've figured out why I love v15.04.6 more than 2.x & 3.x

redsalamander

Posted · Eurika I've figured out why I love v15.04.6 more than 2.x & 3.x

Its been bugging me for the last year or so but I didn't know why. And there no point in moaning about it unless you have a solution to offer, right?

So the old version of cura has always been great for beginners they're not bombarded with options there are literally around 10 options to change and if you want to fiddle more you go to the advanced tab.

Thats whats missing in 2,x and above. You can choose what options you want to include and setup a for basic options but where all scared we miss something and what if you do want to change something you didn't include as an option. So we sit with the 200 options available custom tab. and I can't see how changing the regular/maximum speed threshold will add anything to my print quality but there's no way I'm turning it off because what if I want to use it.

On to the solution, under the old version recommended was quickprint and custom was full settings.

Add that option in so that quickprint gives you recommended and custom as it is now , but full settings changes the tabs to a basic and advanced option.

So you can pick the basic settings and you view regular settings for a printer and advanced shows you everything. ( it can be that there are two tick boxes in the view settings so you can choose what to view under basic and what under advanced.) but honestly I'd default it to the same options under the basic and advanced tabs in 15.04.6 for the basic tabs and everything under the advanced one. It will simplify the interface while giving you access to all the settings if you want to.

• Like 4