UM3E Bed leveling Fails

tmostad

Posted · UM3E Bed leveling Fails

When I auto level the bed on my UM3E the head is always closer on the back, so close that it actually touches the bed and the extrusion is nearly nonexistent. The front is perfect but the print is a perfect gradient front to back. I've noticed that the rear spring is very much less stiff than the front two. Could that be the cause? Any other ideas?

Could you try to rotate the glass plate by 180 degree around z axis (maybe you have to remove the sticker) or use a different glass plate in order to exclude the glass as the source?

Posted (edited) · UM3E Bed leveling Fails

If that's the case, the build plate seems to be a bit skewed.

Doing a manual leveling first might help fix this.

After the manual leveling, the automated bed leveling would have fewer problems.

Edited by Guest

I did an auto level then as the printer printed I adjusted the back screw to lower the plate to get a fairly even layer. I then stopped the print removed the print and did another auto level. Again the front of the printer is fine with a gradient to the back of the printer where the layer is nonexistent. Auto leveling is simply broken on my machine. Not sure where to go with this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 15 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies