settings to avoid stepping

BiaC

Posted · settings to avoid stepping

And possible that Cura's crew doesn't want to add the settings for a printer which is very widely used and should be meant as a "fork" of the original Prusa i3? I contacted them in order to ask them to add such settings, but I received from them the answer that it had had been ME the one who had to contact Geetech in order to get from them the piececodes of their printer!  Go figure this!

Now I'm stuck with that and I've got many prototypes to print, but I cannot currently.

We want to add it, but that does not mean that Ultimaker will invest money in making other printers work better. We're already being very nice to everyone that you get this software for free and we continue to add features that everyone gets to use for free. We have to draw the line somewhere.

If Greetech doesn't want to put any effort into getting software for their printer working, why should one of their competitors do it all of the sudden?

• Like 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope no coders were offended by this post! ;)

Hellnaw. I do the same if i need software in a professional capacity. If i need it personally, I'm always on bleeding edge (because you know, I'm a techie, so i want new & shiny stuff!)

Posted (edited) · settings to avoid stepping

If Greetech doesn't want to put any effort into getting software for their printer working, why should one of their competitors do it all of the sudden?

Oh well: life's a matter of benefiting and being polite even with whom who may not need or deserve it, if there's a sincere motivation to do it... Otherwise, I guess that you hadn't got any motivation to add to your list the printers of other competitors, instead of leaving Cura just for Ultimaker machines.

Btw, the settings which you feature in your list so far, was they provided to you by the makers by their own initiative, or it is you the ones who go first to them, asking if they wish to cooperate with you, with providing to you the data for their printers to be putted into your list?

Though, if the problem isn't given by any missing settings for a specific variant version, then no discussions at all (as perhaps my machine may be intended as a variant of a Prusa i3 B: which isn't listed anyway, but I guess that it shouldn't be so different from a i3). Indeed, instead of returning back to what I said in the snip you selectively quoted, I think that the focus of the problem was "what causes the issue I was experimenting".

Anyway, let's drop this, 'cause it leads us nowhere: sterile quarrels has been enough. Rather, now I would take the occasion to ask you what does it means that, when saving a project, I get this (and I already setted as 0,4 the nozzle in the specs):

5a3341246f1c6_Senzatitolo-1.jpg.b6c6692198c1e8a0b9b657f4356b6e08.jpg

Is this normal, or maybe it may be yet some clue for what its happening with my prints?

Thanks. Regards...

5a3341246f1c6_Senzatitolo-1.jpg.b6c6692198c1e8a0b9b657f4356b6e08.jpg

Edited by Guest

Btw, the settings which you feature in your list so far, was they provided to you by the makers by their own initiative, or it is you the ones who go first to them, asking if they wish to cooperate with you, with providing to you the data for their printers to be putted into your list?

They were provided by their own initiative. In some cases they were added by our developers in their own time (I've added a few machines for some people for instance).

Is this normal, or maybe it may be yet some clue for what its happening with my prints?

Thanks. Regards...

Ah, yeah. Some machines have a "variant" (so a pre-defined nozzle size). These can then be selected with a spiffy dropdown menu. The machine you are using doesn't have that, so it seems to have "undefined" for that bit. I doubt this is anything to worry about.