navigator

Cura 3.04 problem - only runs once!

Posted · Cura 3.04 problem - only runs once!

Anyone else having problems running Cura 3.04?

Firstly I upgraded from 3.03 but did not delete version 3.03, and after starting 3.04 once (checked version number on splash screen) my system always started with version 3.03 after the initial and only start up of 3.04.

I then deleted version 3.04 from the 'Programs and Features' in control panel as it was showing as installed and on running the 3.04 install program again I deleted the previous version 3.03. Once again version 3.04 ran OK, but on trying to start the program again it could not be found on my system.

I also noted that 3.04 did not import the machine definitions for my Mark2 set up and only remembered my UM2+ settings.

I once again deleted 3.04 and reloaded 3.03 which runs fine and also has remembered the Mark2 settings.

Running Win10 1709 build 16299.19.

Any suggestions most welcome :)

I have not had that problem with either Win 10 or 8.1.

I am running on I7 chips and Nvidia graphics on all my machines.

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.04 problem - only runs once!

Have got it running now - Just loaded into the root of 'C' drive instead of the default location and now seems OK!

Further to my remarks above, I have looked further and now got it up and running in the normal programs area.

On closer inspection I noticed the downloaded update file obtained from Cura was named ' Ultimaker Cura-3.0.4-win64' whereas previous versions were named 'Cura-3.xx.xx' and the file name was the path to the installation.

Removed the extra 'Ultimaker' from the installation directory and all running fine, and Mark2 etc also there. :)

Edited by Guest

I have the same issue with the new 3.0.4 update. Starts to install, Wont install and sits there. Then Crashes. Never had this issues with any of the other updates. Any help would be appreciated.

Im on an Imac i7 running Sierra 10.12.6