Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Gigi

AA core nozzle replace

Hello

I just bought a Hardcore from 3d Solex for my UM3

With this core you can easily change nozzle,

I choosed the option wit: 0.25/0.4/0.6/0.8 and 1.0 nozzle

They also sale the Everlast nozzle, wich you can use with abrasive filament.

Have a nice day

Matthieu

I have some spare nozzles for the UM3 Core, you can contact me if you want (i see you are in Europe).

Just be aware that it's also quite easy to break the core when you change the nozzle (it's not designed to be changed)

Thank you for NON responding to my messages.

I did a mistake with an abrasive filament.

It is possible to change the nozzle ?

It is now, or in the future, 0.4 nozzle as spare part for UM3 ?

For UM3 Cores changing the nozzle could be possible but noone makes nozzles that could fit. The problem is that um3 cores are designed as stuff you toss away if fails, you know like a cartridge. Why can’t you swap the nozzle? Well, you would need to heat it, use tools, and be careful with many parts. Also the biggest issue is that noone makes nozzles for it. Maybe now that um3 step files are there aliexpress china cloners might make some.

So, Officially I highly doubt UM will ever release cores with easy nozzle chanes. You know, for big $ companies is easier to change a cartridge/core, pay 100€ & switch it to keep working than using time to manually change a nozzle.

On the other side the prices for the core components are really low for a cartridge that has heater, sensor, black peek as plastic holder, and their heat break design is quite neat.

If you want to remove the nozzle @gr5 made a video and you will see that isn’t a easy adventure

https://youtu.be/Ln_tMz8Dwd0

But remember that noone makes that nozzles. At least for now.

Edit. Changed it to ‘code’ because the video gives a error linking it here. So copy/paste it to see it

Edited by Guest

I have some spare nozzles for the UM3 Core, you can contact me if you want (i see you are in Europe).

Just be aware that it's also quite easy to break the core when you change the nozzle (it's not designed to be changed)

Thank you  for NON responding to my messages.

Replied to your pm (sorry i was away a few days, yes i take some days off sometimes)