Fan bracket opens when printing

korny86

Posted · Fan bracket opens when printing

I have problems when I want to start printing something. The print bracket opens when the print head is moving. I have the feeling that the magnets do not really close the fan bracket and it is really really easy to open by a slight touch of the bracket.

After looking a bit more detailed to the print head, I noticed that the "white rubber" (see pictures) at the bottom of the print head looks defect and may the problem. Do you have any recommandations to fix this problem? The printer is not even 4 months old.

Kind regards,

Enrico

IMG_20171107_103755518.thumb.jpg.60b731f96f609d35ca433eca14a84943.jpg

IMG_20171107_103810262.thumb.jpg.9ec07e9042132b05d4ad4ec88bd5a39e.jpg

IMG_20171107_103824538.thumb.jpg.2d1900e234f72caa177fd5e6c611d92a.jpg

IMG_20171107_103755518.thumb.jpg.60b731f96f609d35ca433eca14a84943.jpg

IMG_20171107_103810262.thumb.jpg.9ec07e9042132b05d4ad4ec88bd5a39e.jpg

IMG_20171107_103824538.thumb.jpg.2d1900e234f72caa177fd5e6c611d92a.jpg

Hi,

did something happen to the print head? Like filament entering and deforming it?

I can't imagine how this got past QA but the fan bracket should never open during a print since it could lead to ugly crashes.

I think your best bet would be to contact the reseller and ask for a solution to this problem. If it is the rubber pad at the bottom, then this one is easy to replace.

The last print went terribly wrong with a lot of print offsets. Maybe because the fan bracket opens during the print. The print runs overnight and I only saw the result.

But I think you are right and I will contact the reseller for help.

Hi,

did something happen to the print head? Like filament entering and deforming it?

I can't imagine how this got past QA but the fan bracket should never open during a print since it could lead to ugly crashes.

I think your best bet would be to contact the reseller and ask for a solution to this problem. If it is the rubber pad at the bottom, then this one is easy to replace.

there is no problem with the pad. it probably got a little bit stuck to the print core when the head was opened and instead of prying it loose, some extra force was used loosening the silicone flap.

just push it back in the original position, it should look like this:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0603/6609/products/um3silicone_800x.jpg?v=1490892351

The last print went terribly wrong with a lot of print offsets. Maybe because the fan bracket opens during the print. The print runs overnight and I only saw the result.

But I think you are right and I will contact the reseller for help.

no need. just put the little silicone pad back :) right now it's lying on top of the bracket, causing the bracked to be pushed open. it should be inserted into the bracket like this

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0603/6609/products/um3silicone_800x.jpg?v=1490892351

The print cores are fully in and pushed the silicone pad back.

I described my problem to the reseller and the fact that the magnets seems not to hold fan bracket. Now I got 2 new magnets.

Does anybody know how to change the magnets?

Are the old magnets fixed with glue or just pressed into the fan bracket?

Ahm... who is your re-seller? iGo3D? Didn't they offer any assistance with swapping the magnets?

Did you point them to this thread?

can you please take a new picture of the silicone pad? if the magnets are still there you should be good. please take a good picture of the inside of the print head where the silicone pad is and where the magnets are,.

Posted (edited) · Fan bracket opens when printing

The reseller is iGo3D and they send the magnets without instructions, but I solved the problem and it was not the magnets.

I pushed the pad back in and want to make the photo for korneel. Then I realized that my pad looks different to the pad on the posted photo above. I looked closely to the pad and moved it to the exact position. Now the fan bracket closed "stronger" then before. I made two test prints (2h and 8h) and it works well.

So the problem was that the pad was partly too far insinde the print head, this gives force to the fan bracket und results in an opening fan bracket because the magnets can't hold it against the additional force from the silicone pad.

So thank you very very much for your help. The posts above gives me the right hint to fix the problem.

Edited by Guest