TOPIC FOR PRINTING HT FILAMENTS ( PEEK/ULTEM 1010/ULTEM 9085/PPSU/PSU) ON UM2+

Posted · TOPIC FOR PRINTING HT FILAMENTS ( PEEK/ULTEM 1010/ULTEM 9085/PPSU/PSU) ON UM2+

I wish you lots of Luck, it will be a very hard journey as these materials are very difficult to master but when you do master them there will be nothing more satisfying, in future i will be bringing out a kit for HT and right equipments so more people can use these, will just add a nice print i Did in black Ultem1010 :)

• Like 1

Posted · TOPIC FOR PRINTING HT FILAMENTS ( PEEK/ULTEM 1010/ULTEM 9085/PPSU/PSU) ON UM2+
4 hours ago, amedee said:

Should not be too much of a problem to add that to the builder...

:)Well this guy might be buying a UM2 so it might not matter.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · TOPIC FOR PRINTING HT FILAMENTS ( PEEK/ULTEM 1010/ULTEM 9085/PPSU/PSU) ON UM2+
3 hours ago, rajilpahuja said:

I wish you lots of Luck, it will be a very hard journey as these materials are very difficult to master but when you do master them there will be nothing more satisfying, in future i will be bringing out a kit for HT and right equipments so more people can use these, will just add a nice print i Did in black Ultem1010 :)

Huh?

Edited by kmanstudios
  • Like 1

@rajilpahuja Thank you for the positive outlook. I wish you the best in creating and fine tuning your experiments to bring the community highly advanced upgrades for these engineering and medical plastics.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gr5 said:

:)Well this guy might be buying a UM2 so it might not matter.

I like the advantages of the UM2 but i haven't heard back from the seller. My options are still open to both the UMO+ and the UM2 with your generous recommendations. Right now its boiling down to the initial cost since the used UM2 is less than the UMO+ Kit. This can change as new opportunities arise

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Huh?

Yes its pretty tough with these materials @kmanstudios somedays u feel you mastered them somedays its like you keep finding whats wrong, specially when u change anything in the setup, even when you will use different nozzles u will need to recalibrate the flow, as you know generally there can be tolerances with nozzles, so then its back to tests, optimize the flow rates again, its just a small example i am giving, these materials dont like relatively less than good tuning at all, in one of my twitter posts i mentioned that its better to be using Ruby nozzles, as i found out that brass nozzles wear out quicker when printing this high temperature, or you need another material which can take high temps, these are just some pointers i can give of the problems that may come. 

7 hours ago, Everready said:

@rajilpahuja Thank you for the positive outlook. I wish you the best in creating and fine tuning your experiments to bring the community highly advanced upgrades for these engineering and medical plastics.

Thanks for the wishes sometimes they are really needed, i will try my best to bring the best things on the table for HT :) 

4 hours ago, rajilpahuja said:

Yes its pretty tough with these materials @kmanstudios somedays u feel you mastered them somedays its like you keep finding whats wrong, specially when u change anything in the setup, even when you will use different nozzles u will need to recalibrate the flow, as you know generally there can be tolerances with nozzles, so then its back to tests, optimize the flow rates again, its just a small example i am giving, these materials dont like relatively less than good tuning at all, in one of my twitter posts i mentioned that its better to be using Ruby nozzles, as i found out that brass nozzles wear out quicker when printing this high temperature, or you need another material which can take high temps, these are just some pointers i can give of the problems that may come. 

No, My "Huh" was because all I can see is text:

"

"The Dark Knight Rises" made in Ultem 1010 Black from @3dxtech truly strong sharp feels like metal @neotko @Ultimaker @77bergkamp19 @VisionMiner @BondtechAB @gr5org #3Dprinting #Batman #JusticeLeague pic.twitter.com/JrcVpPQ49Y

— 3damss (@3DAMSS79) March 27, 2018

"

I see no image or anything other than the above text.

1 hour ago, kmanstudios said:

No, My "Huh" was because all I can see is text:

"

"The Dark Knight Rises" made in Ultem 1010 Black from @3dxtech truly strong sharp feels like metal @neotko @Ultimaker @77bergkamp19 @VisionMiner @BondtechAB @gr5org #3Dprinting #Batman #JusticeLeague pic.twitter.com/JrcVpPQ49Y

— 3damss (@3DAMSS79) March 27, 2018

"

I see no image or anything other than the above text.

And i get this 

IMG_0016.PNG

IMG_9878.JPG

IMG_9883.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9892.JPG

That is so weird. I am glad you put it back up. Do not know what changes you made, but I can see it the last post just fine now :)

Thanks!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

That is so weird. I am glad you put it back up. Do not know what changes you made, but I can see it the last post just fine now :)

Thanks!!

Btw this print has something special, this uses the ironing function from Cura, people get jitters using this in HT, first time i failed too, but tuned it and it came out beautiful ?

On 3/29/2018 at 8:04 AM, rajilpahuja said:

and it came out beautiful ?

agreed!

Rajilpahuja - Your "Bondtech BMG extruder on UM2+" is a direct drive version using an E3D style print head.  I have searched thoroughly and cannot find a mount configuration for BMG+E3D on UM2 style printer.  Is this your own custom mod?  If so, can you share CAD model or share what base UM2 E3D mount you modified?

2 hours ago, ddt154 said:

Rajilpahuja - Your "Bondtech BMG extruder on UM2+" is a direct drive version using an E3D style print head.  I have searched thoroughly and cannot find a mount configuration for BMG+E3D on UM2 style printer.  Is this your own custom mod?  If so, can you share CAD model or share what base UM2 E3D mount you modified?

Hi There ,

I gave the mod to bondtech ..... you will have to contact Mr Martin there .... i think he will be happy to provide you this ..... in the meanwhile i will search for the file as well .... it was made on my old PC so i will need to look at the backups .... but i am sure martin has it .... and will make this for you ..... 😊