Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

ian

Posted · Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

@Aaron: Wow, very tidy happy place (but then again, I don't want to know how it looks on the opposite side).

But what's up with the sticker on the left panel? Something scratched or broken?

• Replies 216
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lolol :lol:, thanks my new UM2 birth has been a little blessing :p. I really like the unit and am learning a lot about it every day. Yeah, the unit itself is quite stunning to see in person, everyone told me the wait was worth it and they are correct!

@ Dim3nsioneer: I put a crossflow fan under the unit to cool the board. I'm still not entirely sure it doesn't get too hot under there. Cohen did a really good job exposing the board to high temps and couldn't find an issue, so I'm probably being overprotective for now. Soon I'm going to conduct my current measuring tests to see if I can corroborate his findings. I built those little feet to allow for the extra air flow and clearance for the fan. Those wires are hooked up to my bench top power supply supplying power to the fan for now until I find a suitable replacement.

@Nicolinux: I took off the left cover for the motors inside the unit and those pieces of tape are just there to remind me which bolt goes where, the pieces of tape on top have the little screws in them so I don't misplace them. The unit came in pretty good condition :D, sans a beat up homing contacts switch.

very nice HAPPY CORNER Aaron... its the type I like.. a little order and lots of cool tools to make very cool stuff :-)

Im delighted you have your maschine.. cant wait to see what comes out of that little wonder box...

Ian :-)

• 2 weeks later...

If you look closely, you can see my 1-1 scale Terminator Arm that I am building :):)

any progress photos??

If you look closely, you can see my 1-1 scale Terminator Arm that I am building :):)

Will pop some pic`s up tonight, the finger components printed off last night so I need to try and find a whole bunch of nuts&bolts so I can try out the assembly.

My Little happy corner :)

Happy corner full

Happy corner!

Marie. There is a definitive difference between girls happy corners and mens happy corner. Cleanliness :) Mess it up a bit lol !!

One tip, you could put some dampers/cushioning under the Ultimaker's feet to reduce noise and add its stability.

Skint : Really? I was actually shy to post that picture because I felt it looked messy!

Can be actually quite surprising, when I was working in a studio the, very fews, girl always had way messier desk than most of the guys!

Nicolinux, Sorry my bad about my english, I'm not sure what you mean by dampers/cushioning.

Definitly would like to know what other people are using!

I think all these clean desks are misleading, we should post what our desks really look like at the peak of a project. :p

I think all these clean desks are misleading, we should post what our desks really look like at the peak of a project. :p

But then you would probably not recognise it as a desk... ;)

Nicolinux, Sorry my bad about my english, I'm not sure what you mean by dampers/cushioning.

These printable ones use regular rubber bands... They are made for the UM1 but I believe they fit the UM2 as well...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25950

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ulti-foot

Otherwise I'm sure a creative person like you can take the idea and cook up something similar :)

But then you would probably not recognise it as a desk... ;)

That's why it's happy corner!

Heh, as a non-native speaker you should hear my english...

That's what I mean. I have cut the four square pieces out of some kind of foam material that's hard enough to withstand the UM2 weight. Don't know what it is though.

Um2 feet

@Nicolinux: looks like foam rubber.

You want a messy happy place?

This is mine:

20140611 213550

20140611 213614

@Dim3nsioneer: You are right - that's it.

@Didier: That's not messy - it has flair! I like it.

Also, cool idea with the spool holder. I wish I had more space in my happy place. Right now I can't barely reach behind the printer :/

@Didier

I love that spool holder, and is that an RPi camera I see on your UM2?

@Woofy

I know you love it it's yours just slightly modified to fit Roberts Spool Holder for which i printed an adapter to mount it to the wall :)

And yes it's a Raspberry Pi with a Raspicam. I'm using it mainly to shoot timelapse videos with it. I need to reinstall Octoprint to play a bit more with it.

I love the Raspberry it's amazing what you can do with that little thing :) I have one also as an XBMC media Center for my TV

My not so happy Ultimaker happy place right now... :cry:

Not happy Ultimaker corner...

where did it go!!

Back to the mothership for replacement. Had to strip https://www.youmagine.com/users/iroberti from it first though.