Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

ian

Posted · Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

HAHA! less "happy corner" more like "naughty cupboard". i may name my printer harry potter

1bGpc3.jpg

JlnNLa.jpg

A cupboard in my house fits the trolley and "sound proof" hood i made perfectly. makes getting to it when it jams a little tricky, but makes it so so quiet sealed away, and means there is at least 1 air gap now between mine and my neighbours house!

• Like 1

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Put wheels on the table so you can easily roll it out when needed? Get some nice chunky ones so it's easy to roll around.

already has some nice fat wheels on the back, so just lift up the front, wheel it out, and make sure i don't fall down the stairs! ;)

office.thumb.jpg.4f50be9314f4c462325fded45d54adce.jpg

I see a ton of filaments just sitting out, and some bagged to the right. Is there certain filaments you find that need to be bagged up?

Right now I individual bag all my filaments (PLA) with a desiccants packet.

How do you like the Form 1 compared to the awesome that is the UM2's?

Posted (edited) · Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

I see a ton of filaments just sitting out, and some bagged to the right. Is there certain filaments you find that need to be bagged up?

Right now I individual bag all my filaments (PLA) with a desiccants packet.

How do you like the Form 1 compared to the awesome that is the UM2's?

To be honest, I gave up on bagging filament a long time ago. I'll find a good deal on filament, buy a lot and open it up as needed. The office is climate controlled which helps. The only filament I have to watch out for is Nylon.

As for the Form 1+, I just posted my thoughts on it after using it now for a year --> https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/10789-form1-experience?page=1&sort=#reply-124030

Edited by Guest

Holy Mother of God.....solid-print-3d!

I would not leave that space if I had that much going on.

Here's my Happy Corner

5a3313fa68973_2015-09-2710_18_22.thumb.jpg.274850d0279aa3c2bc67f81e34236c48.jpg

5a3313fa68973_2015-09-2710_18_22.thumb.jpg.274850d0279aa3c2bc67f81e34236c48.jpg

• Like 2

Bumping this because it rocks.

Also sharing my always work-in-progress sugarpop! corner.

happycorner.thumb.jpg.d1245b4732f4d05b3d8eb9593bf08709.jpg

happycorner.thumb.jpg.d1245b4732f4d05b3d8eb9593bf08709.jpg

• Like 4

Happy Corner went and got way too cramped. Opening a new store now. Here's a rendering of what my new happy corner will look like.

Wish me luck!

untitled_85.thumb.jpg.d91335473ae6420d1b3e657782bfe128.jpg

untitled_85.thumb.jpg.d91335473ae6420d1b3e657782bfe128.jpg

Edited by Guest

Good luck :)

That is a pretty print corner!! Will they be mounted on the wall?

Nice! How will you access the filament and printer etc?

There are ikea glass doors in the front and wooden doors behind. There's just enough room to get you forearm by the printer. In the back there are 4 UM on the lower shelves. It's a floating wall that separates the office from the shop, so it does 2 jobs, plus, now we can enclose the printers, since we usually only print in High temp materials.

Will post pics of the wall soon, it's built but not painted, as we're having to remodel the entire unit.

Hi all.

Mine would go in the man shed if I could move in there. It desperately needs a clear out. It is a bit chilly in there as well. Convinced SWMBO to let me keep it in the study and came across an absolute gem of a find. Server cabinet, with keys, on wheels, with a working 230v thermostat controlled fan deck in the top. Outside a cleared out office at a site I was working at. Next to the skip. Barely a scratch on it.

06c8c148d9.jpg

A little snug, and I need to wheel it out and open the back door to change the filament, but it keeps it at a nice 35deg.C with the cooling fans only coming on occasionally for a few minutes. Plus all my filament (almost) fits down the sides of the ultimaker, silent running too!

06c8e120fc.jpg

CJ

Edited by Guest

That's a great find, I remember seeing those large server cases years ago and thinking a mini-refrigerator could fit inside, keeping my beverages safe from coworkers :)

• Like 1