Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

ian

Posted · Post your Ultimaker HAPPY CORNER photos !!! :-)

ColorFabb did some exstensive testing, of which the results are about to be released next week. Though I've heard from multiple sources that ABS is not the best for an overnight print. We'll see what the research ColorFabb did points to.

I've been printing PLA nonstop in my student room, which is not really ventilated that well tbh.

Not to nitpick, It is Eastman who made the tests, not ColorFabb, they will release the results because of the collaboration with Eastman..

ColorFabb just don't have the equipment for it otherwise they made the test themselves.....

• Replies 216
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe it's just the noise of the printer causing bad sleep thus causing headaches?

I print a lot in PLA/PHA from colorfabb in a room next to my bedroom, i also stay quite a lot working in the room and i never experienced headaches...

@Ian, there has been some research http://voxelfab.com/blog/2013/07/is-desktop-3d-printing-safe-will-it-harm-your-health-ultrafine-particle-emissions-and-vapors/ (not really definitive but it is a start)

if you think that printing next to your bed is bad for your health, then stop it. if the headaches disappears than it probably was the machine.

The thing is not a lot of dedicated research has been done because of the new nature of the technique.

If placed in a big enough room with a decent air flow i don't think 3d printing is that bad for you. but placing it next to your bed and possibly not having enough good ventilation might not be such a good idea.

Take care of your health!

But to be back OT:

this is my Ultimaker Corner :D

20150506_220313.thumb.jpg.866e06642f58795d43afb8736e5a9dc9.jpg

The were in a hurry, there are some pieces left on the floor. Most likely parts of prototypes that flew off the pile while moving them out of view :p

hahaha if you mouse over you can see the date when the picture was taken ;)

some things have changed. it is now a lot messier :p and more photo's on the walls.

and yeah. i checked to see if anything unofficial was in view. not saying they are all gone.... or are they ;)

lets face it... makerbot will have a crew of spotty faced nerds scanning that image tonight for clues.... LOLLLLL

@Ian, there has been some research http://voxelfab.com/blog/2013/07/is-desktop-3d-printing-safe-will-it-harm-your-health-ultrafine-particle-emissions-and-vapors/ (not really definitive but it is a start)

if you think that printing next to your bed is bad for your health, then stop it. if the headaches disappears than it probably was the machine.

The thing is not a lot of dedicated research has been done because of the new nature of the technique.

If placed in a big enough room with a decent air flow i don't think 3d printing is that bad for you. but placing it next to your bed and possibly not having enough good ventilation might not be such a good idea.

Take care of your health!

But to be back OT:

this is my Ultimaker Corner :D

attachicon.gif2013-12-27 17.40.58.jpg

Thanks for the info !

Iv just stopped printing for the last 3 days and feel a lot better.

Im kinda screwed at the moment... I want to get back to modelling some things and printing but... finding where to do it... in a shared apartment ..... tricky.... there is really no little storage space I can use.... only idea would be to drill a few wholes in my cloths cabinet... glue some rubber seals on the door and use a compartment for the printer...might work but.... i am going to smell like a PLA beast for the coming months... LOLLL

Though it's not quite a happy corner but still a happy rollcontainer :) I wanted to show how it starts to evolve.

UM2 HappyCorner1

UM2 HappyCorner2

It's an old Ikea container, I think they don't have it anymore. Had it standing around only taking space. Power supply is mounted just inside the rear hole to keep it compact (with this mount by Labern: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um2-power-supply-holder ).

I plan to add a foldaway table on one side to place the laptop an realise quick ideas an changes.

These are levelling feet I made to level out the UM2 (from the start I had a gap under one of the feet) and to fix it a little on the container. If someone would like to have the files just ask.

UM2 Stellfuss

It's difficult to take good pictures of the printer's surroundings when the printer is still on.

DSC00668 crop

DSC00680 crop

My little corner.

qxwhau.jpg

Ahh, never miss an opportunity to show pictures of printers or dogs. :)

tumblr_mu3hvb1GpC1rknjlto1_1280.jpg

haha Nancy.. cute

Mini Husky?

Finally got around to cleaning up the Happy Corner!

My Happy Corner/Garage

Mini Husky?

Almost. :) He's an Alaskan Klee Kai.

Finally got around to cleaning up the Happy Corner!

Wow, this is a nice corner. When I grow up, I'd like to have one like that too :)

ok, so maybey this barely counts, but i am into my new place, and got myself an Ikea Bekvam kitchen trolly. i dont know about you, buy ultimakers and Bekvam were almost made for each other! (sorry about the mess, when i say i mved in, i really mean, just moved in!)

Se18f4.jpg

and yes, phone cameras, even on "night time portrait" are, well phone cameras. what do you expect from a camera that tiny! i hope to develop the rest of that "green wall" into usable worktop space to finnaly get onto some proper model making! I just hope the walls are thick enough for the neighbours, or i will have to test out if my companies sound insulation foam is really as good as they claim!

Love it Chrisp..proper man cave lol... cant believe you have your UM2 on the side... dont ya just wanna look in all the time :p ?

Almost. :) He's an Alaskan Klee Kai.

Aww. adorable! I try to sneak my beagle in to all of my images/video projects :)

Love it Chrisp..proper man cave lol... cant believe you have your UM2 on the side... dont ya just wanna look in all the time :p ?

That's why it's on a rolly shelf right? right?? so it can follow you around the workshop.

Wow, this is a nice corner. When I grow up, I'd like to have one like that too :)

It took 7 years for me to convert the garage into "Man Town"!

I'm 6'3" tall so looking into the UM2 is easy. I like to have full access to the filament and extruder. Soon there will be a whole rack system of printers!

Aww. adorable! I try to sneak my beagle in to all of my images/video projects :)

That's why it's on a rolly shelf right? right?? so it can follow you around the workshop.

Not a bad idea. Didn't really think about that yet, but it is certainly possible.

Hmmmm... that little kitchen trolley looks like a very good idea. My whole "living room table" is pretty much the "Ultimaker-table" now and it's a bloody mess. Moving it to something like this, with it's limited space, would force me to keep it a bit more tidy. Maybe buy two and fuse them together so my old UMO can get off the floor and actually be used again.

Being able to sit on the couch while tinkering sure is comfy though...

Being able to sit on the couch while tinkering sure is comfy though...

Mind the WAF with the Ultimaker on the living room table...

My happy (toilet) corner got even happier now :)

happy corner 2

I finished building the 3DR Delta printer.