Cura Connect Maintenance Date Incorrect

robingreig

Posted · Cura Connect Maintenance Date Incorrect

Hello Everyone,

Just received my Ultimaker 3 yesterday and discovering what an awesome printer it is!

However, I went to clean off the unit and decided to update the Maintenance window found under printer details. I selected the blue box "Mark Task as performed today" and it input 1970 Jan 1 telling me that I had just cleaned it 48 YEARS ago!

I did check and my calendar is correct in Windows 7.

Is there somewhere else that needs the correct date?

How do I now correct the date stored in the software?

Thanks again!

Robin

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

• 2 months later...

Did you connect your printer to a network (that has Internet access)? If not, it might be that the time was not synced with real-world time. Otherwise it's another issue and we need to do some more debugging.

The device is plugged into a network with internet access ( my computer is connected to the same network and it has internet access ) however it's a business network so there may be routing issues. I plan on having a chat to my IT department to see what they can do.

The printer should display the IP address on the main menu screen.  If not then I suppose you have to enable "developer mode" in the menus and then it shows the ip address.  Knowing the ip address might be helpful when you talk to IT.

Yeah I can see the IP address without needing developer mode, but it's not a static IP address (when I intend to arrange) and I'll discuss the network time with IT too. Thanks!

Hi lance.moly & group;

The issue was that the IT department had blocked the ports so that the Ultimaker couldn't get an updated time.

After talking with them, they were able to statically assign it an IP address and open that IP address to that the time could be updated from an Internet time server.

Thanks,

Robin

Great to hear it's solved!

Hi all.

He have the same problem with maintenance date and time and also another problem. I created a new PLA material different from generic PLA;

all ok when i prepare the slicing: material and also profile are personalized but are accepted and used from the software.
    After when i send the command "print over network, i receive a message about utilizing UNKnow material and i am invited to change the printer AA configuration to unknown material to print...

It is not so good!!! (also because i do not understand the exact meaning and follow-on of this action on the printer)

Why that? I have so problems with computer ports?? (antivirus, firewall...)

A contribute to solve question will be appreciated. (actually to get around problem with my material i use PLA generic)

Many thanks in advance

If you are on a UM3 series, it will not send the actual profile to the printer. You should be able to override that and just let it print.

I am using UM materials right now, but since the NFC chip cannot be read, I had to select generic. I just override the material warning as long as I am not trying to print, say, PC with PLA settings or something like that.

• Like 1

Next version of Cura Connect will allow printing without override if the material type is the same (so no brand-checking). Until then, use the override feature in the Cura Connect web UI, or select a different material in Cura that matches the one the printer thinks it has (generic PLA?).

• Like 1

Any chance the next version of Cura Connect will allow us to set the time/date manually?

Not on the roadmap I think. Is there a reason your UM3 is not allowed to connect to the internet (even just once) to sync the date and time with a timeserver?

Yeah unfortunately IT won't open the ports and are hesitant to give it internet access for "security reasons". 

Wait, are you saying that the device will maintain Time/Date even if it loses power? In that case I could sync the Time/Date on another network.

Posted (edited) · Cura Connect Maintenance Date Incorrect

Correct. You just need to sync once after unboxing. Connecting it to your phone's WiFi hotspot could be a quick way of doing that.

Edit: over time it might be offset slightly (since time-keeping is hard), but then just re-sync and you're set.

Edited by ChrisTerBeke

Posted (edited) · Cura Connect Maintenance Date Incorrect

Ah brilliant, thanks a heap!

Edit: (The above suggestion worked)

Edited by lance.moly
    • Like 1

Just out of curiosity, will you have a release on the next version of Cura Connect?

Let me make this clear....durrrhhhhh

OK, I let the override work in my favor. This way I can remove the plate, load a new one. and wipe with alcohol. About that time, it is finished with the unloading of core material and cooling. I press print removed and then go to set the print core temps to 150. About that time it is telling me to remedy the material(s) on the printer. I click ok and go back to cleaning the cores off. Setting the cores to that temp is not enough to burn the filament in the cores, but does facilitate the easy removal of gunk on the outside.

Then I wipe with PVA Slurry. THEN I go back to Cura Connect and tell it to override the material choice so it can begin to do its thang.

So, by release I mean something that you can toggle from automatic release of print to start or manual release to start. It does not take long for that to happen, but it if you have two day print with a lot of PVA and stuff, you really do need to clean off those nozzles to get rid of the burned bits.

I had it set one time to the right choices and barely got the plate changed out before it started to print on me.

I think it's due in about 3 to 4 weeks. Don't pin me down on it though, I'm in a different team.

Yeah, I was afraid my wording was a bit messy.

What I meant, was not a release date of the software, but the ability to either release a print job manually or automatically. I would prefer to manually release the print job so I can do my cleaning/maintenance thing. Others may not want it. So a choice would be best for everybody.

On the printer overview page you can set a printer to "Set to unavailable". It'll finish the current print but not take any new jobs after that, allowing you to do your maintenance until your release it again.

Hi.

Material: Kmanstudios thanks. You have confirmed my idea. I hope correction, as stated by Ctbeke, will be available asap.

Just a further observation: if you duplicate a material modifying name, brand, color, maintaining the material type and avoid to "unlink material", this new material does not give problems!

Someone knows why?

Maintenance date updating: unable to do whit an hotspot. Trying wiht LAN modifying ip addresses to use the ip provided from a printer: no change: my maintenance date are all 1970 january 1.

Maintenance data and date are usefull for maintain an history of maintenance actions: no other utility, just a memory.

2 hours ago, ctbeke said:

On the printer overview page you can set a printer to "Set to unavailable". It'll finish the current print but not take any new jobs after that, allowing you to do your maintenance until your release it again.

Maybe I am daft as all get out....what printer overview page? I looked at the Cura Connect in the browser, I looked at Cura in the Printer monitor and the Tune Menu on the printer itself. I am a lost little boy and need help to find my way home......;p

1 hour ago, kmanstudios said:

what printer overview page?

@kmanstudios There should be an option in the printer's menu on the Cura Connect webpage:

Prevent_starting_new_print_jobs.png

• Like 1