CURA 3.0.4, CURA Connect on UM3: Third-party Material to Override Configuration... so many steps?

ultradryan

Posted · CURA 3.0.4, CURA Connect on UM3: Third-party Material to Override Configuration... so many steps?

I m considering rolling back to previous version of CURA on my UM3.

Using third party material, it gives warning message every single time. It's ok in previous versions where I can accept the warning and print in one button.

Now, however, I hv to accept the warning message on the printer, then go back to my computer, open CURA connects in browser, go to print job section, select the job, open the tab, and then accept the "override configuration" warning. For god sake it's a lot of annoying steps.

It takes a lot of steps to get it start printing. I cant even do all this in CURA, and I cant do this in prior. I can only accept "override configuration" in the queue just before the print is going to start.

I created custom material from cloning an existing generic material as suggested, but still i hv to walk through all of the steps above on EVERY SINGLE print. Is there a way to avoid that?

Posted · CURA 3.0.4, CURA Connect on UM3: Third-party Material to Override Configuration... so many steps?

Kinda double posting that, so I will follow suit :p

Actually, if you use one type of filament (Say Blue PLA) and you have Transparent PLA loaded, it will still cause the issue. The problem is that all those are generic and the same, so, I am confused why the software has an issue with it when the firmware does not.

When I print off a USB stick, no issues. Same file going through Cura Wifi and Connect, gives the error message.

It is also a problem when you have any filament off the spool and in a separate dry box that prevents any reading of the NFC chip and you are forced to choose generic PLA or any other.

The upside is that I use that as a 'pause' to change plates, clean nozzles (can even do atomic pulls if needed), wipe with alcohol and also apply Papa K's Magical Slurry. THEN I configure the override and it goes about its business.

I have the whole process down to about 5 minutes between end of print to start of leveling.