Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Beta

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Beta

@Msuurmond

I already deleted the 'beethefirst_beetf_0.6_tpu.inst.cfg' file and I still having crashes in the new 3.1 beta (and I don't have the Cura 2.7).

Hi,

These bugs are fixed but we are not sure if 'old' single extruder machines work correctly now. Could you uninstall 3.1-BETA, remove the 3.1 config folder and install:

https://we.tl/vzvre7ovfH (New version of 3.1-BETA)

We would like to hear your findings.

Hi,

I finnaly did a clean install, and now 3.1 beta is working.

But there's another issue, I cannot import old profiles, genereted in 3.0.4.

Is strange because Cura confirmed that the profile was successfully imported, and then nothing appears on the profile list.

As you can see in the image bellow I tryed three times to import the same profile.

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.a514a955def15378375b2358351f3969.jpg

-

Cura profile: https://we.tl/t3dZn5y5RC

Reinstall 3.1 beta, and I'm getting the same problem.

Here's the log: https://we.tl/KZVTglLSVc

Reinstall 3.1 beta, and I'm getting the same problem.

Here's the log: https://we.tl/KZVTglLSVc

Good too hear that the 3.1-BETA is working with a clean install.

Usually when profiles don't show up, Cura thinks they are not compatible with the current selected printer. We will have a look at the log files tomorrow.

Usually when profiles don't show up, Cura thinks they are not compatible with the current selected printer. We will have a look at the log files tomorrow.

It's strange because I installed the 3.0.4, configured the same exact custom printer as in the 3.1.0 beta, and did not have any problem importing the old profile, as you can see in the image below.

-

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.2bd545ded2e65f73c917c81e294dce70.jpg

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.2bd545ded2e65f73c917c81e294dce70.jpg

We have fixed this in a new build: Could you try it? https://we.tl/BUkblDTVBX

I can't get 3.1 to send files to Octoprint even though it does connect correctly, it does not display an error message when failing the upload, where can I find a log file?

Never mind, I found the log file and here is the error:

ERROR - OctoPrintPlugin.OctoPrintOutputDevice._startPrint [479]: An exception occurred in network connection: name 'global_container_stack' is not defined

Note that Cura is actually connecting OK, and can monitor the print in progress just fine.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Beta

ERROR - OctoPrintPlugin.OctoPrintOutputDevice._startPrint [479]: An exception occurred in network connection: name 'global_container_stack' is not defined

Thanks for the report. I will fix this for the 3.1 final release. As a workaround for now, you can disable support for writing to the sdcard in the OctoPrint webinterface. After that you may have to connect to the octoprint instance again in Cura.

Update: Here's the fix: https://github.com/fieldOfView/OctoPrintPlugin/commit/d5414e

Edited by Guest

On that build Layer View does not work the models just stay grayed out.

The 5 view buttons in the upper right corner are a very nice, and welcome addition.

• Like 1

3.0.4 did work?

Could you post you logfiles please?

3.0.4 did work?

After rebooting the system it started working their was nothing in the logs every looked normal.

3.0.4 did work?

After rebooting the system it started working their was nothing in the logs every looked normal.

Strange, but good to hear it all works for you now. Keep us posted on your findings! :)

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.1 | Beta

@Msuurmond

Now I can manually import the old profiles, but there is another strange issue with the profiles. The 3.1beta is not automatically importing the profiles from 3.0.4, but is showing the settings of one of them (TPU200 (24Nov)). And when I manually imported a profile to 3.1beta - that already exists on 3.0.4, the Cura renumber the profile indicating that already exists in 3.1beta, but as we can see in the image is not showing on the Profile list. 

Screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.3bc0b6e2370fbb689bc9e1969ede2d55.jpg

Edited by Guest

@Msuurmond

Now I can manually import the old profiles, but there is another strange issue with the profiles. The 3.1beta is not automatically importing the profiles from 3.0.4, but is showing the settings of one of them (TPU200 (24Nov)). And when I manually imported a profile to 3.1beta - that already exists on 3.0.4, the Cura renumber the profile indicating that already exists in 3.1beta, but as we can see in the image is not showing on the Profile list. 

Did you try with a clean 3.1 settings folder? Otherwise previous BETA's might have made 'corrupt' profiles that conflict/don't get generated in a correct way.

Yes, I cleaned 3.1 settings folder before installing it.

Folders deleted:

C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\cura\3.1

C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.1

Is there another folder that I should delete?

Yes, I cleaned 3.1 settings folder before installing it.

Folders deleted:

C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\cura\3.1

C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.1

Is there another folder that I should delete?

No that are all the folders. What happens when you create a new custom profile? Does it show and work correctly then?

Yes, it's seems everything right.

Screenshot_5.thumb.jpg.727dee038233f689a7132d008c2d02df.jpg

That fix did not work for me, in fact it prevented the Octoprint plugin from showing up at all.

Thanks for the report. I will fix this for the 3.1 final release. As a workaround for now, you can disable support for writing to the sdcard in the OctoPrint webinterface. After that you may have to connect to the octoprint instance again in Cura.

Update: Here's the fix: https://github.com/fieldOfView/OctoPrintPlugin/commit/d5414e

That fix did not work for me, in fact it prevented the Octoprint plugin from showing up at all.

Could you please test the 3.1 final that was released today?

(I think you might have copy/pasted the fix including the "+" at the beginning of the line, which is just meant to show that the respective line is added to the code; it should not actually be included in the code)

Hey there, Cura 3.1 (release) ignores my temperature settings for the nozzle.

Cura always set the temp to 220°C in the gcode file.