Ultimaker Community | Forum migration

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Community | Forum migration

Hi @Nilrog, follows you have on topics, for example what you have replied to, will be preserved. Bookmarks you have made to a certain page will be redirected to the new location.

During the lockdown we will also do some optimization to the subforums, so there will be less confusion where to post content. For example, we'll have 1 sub-forum 'Help, tips & tricks'. This is a collection of the existing 'Tips & tricks', 'Post processing' and 'Community print service'. This subforum in general will be new, so won't have any follows yet. But all content IN there, will continue to keep its follows. Hope this answers your question.

Regarding the migration, we are going to initiate the migration tomorrow on Thursday. It is estimated that from approximately 10am the forum will go into lockdown and we aim to go back live on Monday 18th.

• Like 4

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Community | Forum migration

If anyone wants to 3dprint talk while closed I’m always ON at http://twitter.com/neotko

Anyone else twitter account to talk around?

This is the closest thing I do to social media LOL

Oh, and I have plenty of prints set up to keep me busy....to stave off the withdrawal.....sigh.......

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

You did it SandervG & team! Well done and congratulations. I haven't dived in yet. Was so hot here in New Zealand I didn't sleep a wink.

Ahhh...and the stress of waiting for first forum light...an agony and an ecstacy! LOL

I love it so far. Very elegant and has a nice compactness.

Edited by nzo

7 minutes ago, nzo said:

Was so hot here in New Zealand I didn't sleep a wink.

I also didn't sleep, but for different reasons ;) Happy to hear you like it, it was quite a project! Thank you for the kind words. 

Awesome. 

And thanks, but with that...

I was just typing a reply to another topic, was informed that someone else had posted since I started writing.  Was probably warned, but when I went to post, my post disappeared.  Fortunately it was a short post.  Is this the expected and preferred behavior?

6 minutes ago, mastory said:

Awesome. 

And thanks, but with that...

I was just typing a reply to another topic, was informed that someone else had posted since I started writing.  Was probably warned, but when I went to post, my post disappeared.  Fortunately it was a short post.  Is this the expected and preferred behavior?

Mine actually stayed. I copied into word before I hit the go to button, but it just updated the page and left my draft there. Going to another page and going back also worked for me.

Though I just tested a situation where it didn't work entirely. So always be careful!

Wow...extra speedy too!!

Hooray it seems to work too!

Hey, first Ultimaker forum migration where my login still works after the change! Congrats! :D

• Like 2

For some reason, when I get a notification via email that a topic has been replied to,I get this:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S136/C

So far all notifications have resulted in this. I am on Win 8.1, Firefox quantum and using the email services associated with my hosting account (GoDaddy).

This is when I click on the link in the email.

3 hours ago, SandervG said:

I'm happy to announce we've successfully migrated to our new forum :)

Let us know what you think! 

Great job! :)

• Like 1

Personally I turned off all email notifications and only use the ones in the top right corner of the web page.  Sorry that this doesn't help but that is working for me so far (1 hour into playing with forum).

5 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

For some reason, when I get a notification via email that a topic has been replied to,I get this:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S136/C

So far all notifications have resulted in this. I am on Win 8.1, Firefox quantum and using the email services associated with my hosting account (GoDaddy).

This is when I click on the link in the email.

Works for me but I am on different software ; win10/Outlook email/ Edge browser (now superseded by Explorer browser)

This seems to be the problem:

This is directly in the form page:

community.ultimaker.com/topic/20390-ultimaker-community-forum-migration/?do=findComment&comment=193807

This is code from the email link. Seems to have difficulty with the "Do" string.....

community.ultimaker.com/topic/20390-ultimaker-community-forum-migration/?do=findComment&comment=193807

Edit: And, apparently it 'keeps' the notifications while you are composing. LOL See above...those popped in while I was making my reply. :'D

Edit again: It popped in because I was posting code.....had to remove the http stuff to get the link code to just be viewable.

Edited by kmanstudios

1 hour ago, gr5 said:

Personally I turned off all email notifications and only use the ones in the top right corner of the web page.  Sorry that this doesn't help but that is working for me so far (1 hour into playing with forum).

I have, afaik can remember, never touched email notifications. I sure did not receive any from the previous UM forum. But as soon as this one went live, my mailbox started filling with email notifications...

10 minutes ago, nilrog said:

Ich habe, afaik kann mich erinnern, hat nie E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen geführt. Ich habe von dem vorherigen UM-Forum sicher keine erhalten. Aber sobald diese live ging, füllte sich mein Postfach mit E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen ...

Same for me.
    Have already changed attitude (were changed) hopefully it will be taken over soon.

2 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

Hey, first Ultimaker forum migration where my login still works after the change! Congrats! :D

hihohahilarious :p

4 hours ago, mastory said:

Is this the expected and preferred behavior?

I remember during testing that they were saved. If it sometimes acts differently I have yet to quantify that behavior. 

El 18/12/2017 a las 11:58 a.m., SandervG dijo:

Me complace anunciar que hemos migrado con éxito a nuestro nuevo foro :)

¡Háganos sabre lo que piensas! 

Hi Sanders, I'm new to 3d printing. I bought an Ultimaker 3 a month ago and I was able to download some interesting figures from the previous forum. Now the new one is more graphic than the previous one but I can not download the printed figures files. Any suggestions on this?
    Greetings and congratulations for the change
    Daniel

• Like 1

O my this is a new experience. I actually started to like the other forum but if this ones better then i guess i just need to get used to it. Im finding the phone experience quite confusing and the menus and iser picture area also vety confusing and weird download stats which I assume were views before. I cant even find any of my posts or certain areas I used to visit before. I feel as if im in a strangers house! Im not feeling this new layout / picture section areas yet and they dont seem finished yet. I guess ill swing by some some later to see if I can find anything... hope it goes well, but im totally lost here!