Cura 3 and 2.3 show whitescreen

SeanFC

Posted · Cura 3 and 2.3 show whitescreen

I have just installed Cura on a new computer and when I load for the first time, I get a white screen for the User Agreement, Add a Printer, etc. I cannot see anything, just a white screen.

It's a new computer with Windows 10 and little software installed on it. I tried both 3.0.4 (64) and 2.3.1 (32 bit) but without any success.

Are there other supporting programmes I should install?

Is it perhaps a graphics card problem?

Missing drivers?

I would start with the graphics card and make sure you have everything updated using the graphics card updater to override any issues Win10 creates. This seems to be a most common issue regarding Win10.

I would start with the graphics card and make sure you have everything updated using the graphics card updater to override any issues Win10 creates. This seems to be a most common issue regarding Win10.

Hello Kmanstudios,

I tried to update the drivers but no luck. I updated via Windows Driver updater, but perhaps there is a different way I should go about it?

I have an Intel HD Graphics 620 graphics card.

Hello Kmanstudios,

I tried to update the drivers but no luck. I updated via Windows Driver updater, but perhaps there is a different way I should go about it?

I have an Intel HD Graphics 620 graphics card.

I am not familiar with the Intel Graphics card because it played merry hob with my graphics programs a while back. When I returned the computer (within hours because my programs were not properly supported) I have made sure that I have Nvidea at least.

I would try to not rely on Windows to update that. Windows has broken many graphics drivers regardless of the maker.

Perhaps there is a way to update the graphics system by way of Intel directly?

I actually attempted to do it via Intel and they sent me to Dell's driver site (Latitude 7480). I downloaded and ran the driver software. Unfortunately, no luck. The graphics card is not top notch, that's for sure.

I'll try some other software that relies more on the graphics card and come back later to respond.

I actually attempted to do it via Intel and they sent me to Dell's driver site (Latitude 7480). I downloaded and ran the driver software. Unfortunately, no luck. The graphics card is not top notch, that's for sure.

I'll try some other software that relies more on the graphics card and come back later to respond.

I am sorry to hear that about your experience. I would liked to have been more helpful. However, please share your findings as it seems to be a complete issue with the Intel graphics set. Maybe others will find out something good.

Good Luck!