Croy9000

First UM3 print, almost perfect. What happen?

Posted (edited) · First UM3 print, almost perfect. What happen?

Brand new to 3d printing and tested with the robot. Notice the feet are missing. Any ideas what happen here? I used the mobile app to select the sample.

Ultimaker 3 with Ultimaker PLA (did not select PVA supports).

IMG_0837.jpg?v=d4a77539

Edited by Guest

Posted · First UM3 print, almost perfect. What happen?

You have support turned on. You don't need it on this part. More importantly you don't *want* it on this part.

Aha! Yes I now realize it pretty cleanly tears out thanks! Fist noob mistake yay.

So now I am super impressed with the print and my investment so far. Off to play more...

You have support turned on.  You don't need it on this part.  More importantly you don't *want* it on this part.

Quick question about not turning on supports. How would it have printed the fingers on the hands?

I'm not sure which model you chose, but the Ultimaker robot has support for the hands built into the model. So the slicer does not need to add it.Capture.PNG.d8e31e01ed6bf69b87f2ef77fe6de3d8.PNG

Capture.PNG.d8e31e01ed6bf69b87f2ef77fe6de3d8.PNG

Aha! Yes I now realize it pretty cleanly tears out thanks! Fist noob mistake yay.

So now I am super impressed with the print and my investment so far. Off to play more...

Glad to hear :). Reach out to this forum for more questions, there's a lot to be learned!