parkeagle

Fan speed settings custom material and profile not applied

Posted · Fan speed settings custom material and profile not applied

Hi,

I've set the initial fan speed to 0% and the regular and maximum fan speed at 5%. I notice the fan is still on at the first layers and is spinning quit fast.

I'm using a custom material.

It seems the profile settings aren't really loaded when overriding the current loaded material with a custom material and profile?

I'm using a UM3 with Cura 3.0.4.

Well.. the initial fan spinning will just be temp control as it doesn't want to heat the printcores too fast.

It shouldn't effect your print. 

Are you talking about the side fans or the front fan? The front fan should spin as soon as the cores start heating up. This is intentional and is to prevent heat from travelling up too high in the cores (not to prevent them from heating too fast).