Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 3.1 - .3MF positioning data lost on import?

okayauco

Posted · Cura 3.1 - .3MF positioning data lost on import?

Hello,

I'm trying to load a .3mf file and use per-group settings to print a file.

• In Slic3r, there's an option where an pops up that says, "This file contains several objects positioned at multiple heights. Instead of considering them as multiple objects, should I consider this file as a single object having multiple parts?"
  • In Simplify3D, I can use 'Separate Connected Surfaces' on a 3mf or an stl file and achieve the same results.
  • Is this possible in Cura? Currently, when I load the STL, I am unable to split the object into parts, and when I load the 3MF, it loads all the separate parts but lays them out all flat on the bed.
  • This is what I'm trying to do: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2512390. I don't have the 3MF version uploaded there, but I used Meshmixer to separate the part into shells and exported that as a 3MF.

Capture.thumb.PNG.abf978136385854e7ea7482d5a721b8e.PNG

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Aucoeur

Capture.thumb.PNG.abf978136385854e7ea7482d5a721b8e.PNG