Da Clumsy Noob and the "Night of the 3DSolex"

kmanstudios

Posted (edited) · Da Clumsy Noob and the "Night of the 3DSolex"

Nothing like screwing things up to get to know your printer and peripheries more completely.

Just a few tips for the people of whom may be new to this like me:

• Make sure you have it properly heated when you reassemble the nozzle to the core
  • Make sure that you get as much gunk off the nozzle and core threads as possible.
  • Do not do two operations at once because you will not know which is the culprit or the rescuer

When I got the gunk out of my nozzle, it would not active level at all. It would go through the motions, but not allow completion. I manually leveled, active leveled and still failed. I got tired of that and just manually leveled it.

My mistake was to assume the firmware update I did was the culprit. Noperz.....it was that I had put the nozzle back on and it was not warmed at all. This prevented it from screwing in properly (and yes, I used the tools as instructed) because something was blocking it and the 'ratchet' was clicking at what I assumed was the proper adjustment.

Did a test print or two...lil' boxes....my specialty, and set forth on a longer print. Things seemed ok and then I get woken by some strange noises and such and, well, just spent a couple of hours cleaning that mess.

First off, the nozzle had actually come loose and been forced off the core.

Second, the printer had pushed around a lot of gunk until it was clogged up into the printhead. I did get lucky though.....it did not get too bad and was able to get it off easily. Only because I had caught it early enough. It was on its way to being a real catastrophe.

Third, when I heated the printcore to screw in the nozzle, I could actually tell the slight difference in height from before when I set about leveling again.

Now, after that, a manual level and then active level, I am back to my specialty....lil' boxes.....

Edited by Guest

Posted · Da Clumsy Noob and the "Night of the 3DSolex"

OK, so far I have been printing successfully with my 3DSolex nozzle since first posting this thread. I ventured into longer and longer prints and the current print is a 26.5 hour print and is doing well with only 6.5 hours to go.

Smooth walls, clean infills, etc.

The only thing that is happening is also what has happened with my brass nozzles: A bit of accumulation that gets a bit burned and then dark bits deposited into a white surface.

Currently printing PETG and may need to adjust temp for the different architecture. But it is not that bad.

But, who wants burned bits in a pristine white form?

A few days of prints that I need to get done and then back to trying the copperfill.

Posted (edited) · Da Clumsy Noob and the "Night of the 3DSolex"

Well, the honeymoon is over.

I have to say that I am disappointed in the 3DSolex with the Everlast nozzle.

Now, accounting for the fact I may have gotten a lemon, I will lay out the issues that have persisted.

1. It printed ok for a few prints, but seemed to 'drift' out of whack until it could not active level again.

2. I pulled it out to check on it and seemed to have 'sweated' a great deal of material around the nozzle connection area.

3. The tool they supply to change the nozzles with really does not hold as well as it could. When I went to clean it off, the core slipped and the block the nozzle screws into did not stay in position and now it seems loose.

4. Although I got it reseated ok, it would still not active level and it gave me a heat error about 40 minutes after that when I set it to print.

5. Even though I have looked at a lot of materials as to their nozzle interior designs, I could only find information on the ICE cutaway. I have the Everlast ruby nozzle. There is no way for me to know if the interior design is the same.

Not really happy about this as I did get it to print abrasive materials. And, so far, it has not held up well when printing standard materials.

Ugggghhhhhh...

And, to top it off, if you go to their website, there is no way to contact them to tell them any issues or even get questions answered.

A little too much reliance on the reseller in this case.

Grrrrrrrrrrr........

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I have needed to contact them before and come up with the same problem as you- cant seem to find an email address. However it is there, found it by chance!

if you highlight thier black 'border' on the website, you will see thier email address highlighted.

They have literally used black text with a black background!

sales@3dsolex.com

I have needed to contact them before and come up with the same problem as you- cant seem to find an email address. However it is there, found it by chance!

if you highlight thier black 'border' on the website, you will see thier email address highlighted.

They have literally used black text with a black background!

sales@3dsolex.com

Thanks!! Wow.....who woulda thunk it.....