Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
2go

Who makes the best nozzles?

I just hate pure brass nozzles. Yes, they are cheap. And have great heat transfer properties. However, PLA sticks to brass. Then it burns and leaves black residue on white/natural colored prints.

Currently searching for the best 'non-stick' coated nozzle.

I've tried ICE coated stainless steel ones from 3dsolex. Coating works great, reduces PLA stickiness by 90% or so. However, quality control is lacking. 0.4mm ICE coated ones have smaller opening diameter than 0.4 brass RSB ones. No measuring needed, visible with naked eye. Could be a bad batch, I don't know. Bought two, not buying again.

Micro Swiss makes coated brass nozzles. Good results, PLA does not stick much to them, compared with regular brass ones. On the more expensive side.

E3D make plated copper nozzles. Did not try them yet. They should fit Olsson block, right? Any experiences?

Any more recommendations? What nozzle manufacturer is your favorite? Thanks.

• Like 1

3DSolex nozzles are pretty good, you could have had a bad batch (shit happens) i would contact carl to see how to solve your issue.

Microswiss i never tried.

E3D fit on the Olsson block, they are standard quality i would say. Did not try the copper plated ones though

UM 2/2+

I'd give the Micro-Swiss a try. They are plated brass so it gives a nice balance and they are great in terms of quality. E3D are standard with exception to their A2 or plated brass nozzles which are a bit above standard.

P3-D also makes higher end nozzles from aluminum to A2 tool steel. Significantly more expensive plated nozzles, but technically a $25 Hercules nozzle should last though about anything. The aluminum is a rapid heating nozzle so it can move a bit quicker.