Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
crumbsPenfold

Brim or Raft won't go around model

I am printing a model and have tried selecting both brim and raft. Strangely, neither the brim or raft are forming as the should (normally there would be one which goes around the model). Instead there are many mini rafts or brims randomly located around the edges of the model. I have a screenshot, but sadly there is no way to insert it.

Does anyone know why lots of little random mini rafts or brims are forming instead of just one?

Thanks for your help

Edited by Guest

I'm guessing the bottom of your model only touches the build plate in a few sparse locations. Maybe you think the bottom of your part is flat but it isn't - if this is the case try unchecking the thing that keeps you from changing Z and move the part down a little (set Z to maybe -0.2mm) to see what happens.

So to post a screenshot first save it locally on your hard drive - then click the 2nd from right most icon (image gallery). then go to the second tab (upload) and drag your picture on.

• Like 1